20. A Snippet Of The Double Life

CHAPTER TWENTY: A Snippet Of The Double Life

I park my Aston in one of the free parallel slots, opposite of the restaurant they chose to meet at. Due to the fact I had just recently been on a new car deal expedition, I'm literally wearing black jeans, dark boots and a red leather jacket. I decided to put my hair up in a pony tail with curls on the sides. After Maximus' call during the moment I was about to purchase one of the newest Lamborghini models, his want for me to drive over to the mansion I half dreaded going to, due to his Father's oh-so-welcoming presence, and help him study was not my deepest of priorities. The phone cut out just as some car staggered onto one of the units necessary for the signage of the race tracks, which caused a signal drop across the stadium in that exact moment he'd cut out.

Now, I was on my way to see them. In clothes they've probably never seen me wear. Again, I was fashionably late and they were half way into their meal when the host walked me towards their table.

Diana looked beyond pissed I was so late, but she did a double take of my attire, and somehow that peaked her interest, transformed her expression to some what of a surprised manner at the mere fact I could look...so aloof.

"Wow, you're actually wearing normal clothes for once!" Is the first thing Rosa-belle says once the waiter pulls out my chair, Andrew smirks with his hand on top of her chair, also looking at my red leather jacket.

He sends a look to Ivan and Maximus, who cannot seem to move their gazes from my direction, or at least, Ivan can't, Maximus pointedly looks to the side and past my head.

I raise an eyebrow and sit, simultaneously.

"I apologise for being late." Is all I say, before being handed the menu.

"What was it this time? Terry on the phone, another family outing...oh, wait, you're getting a Maine coon kitten?" Diana asks sarcastically, I never tell her anything, even where I am when I'm hilariously late for a friendly social gathering. She tilts her head at me with concentrated, narrowed eyes and swirling the glass of sparkling water in her hand, quite like I've done before. I've give her a look, she takes a sip of her glass, turning away, apology in her eyes, just for a second.

I roll my eyes her way, "I had a few errands to run, what'd I miss?"

Diana and Rosa-belle share a confused look, "Since when do you talk like that too, it's 'what did I miss?', Poppy." Diana attempts to correct me, even though they mean the same thing, she was teasing though. Her way of letting my choice to remain ignorant to their every silent question regarding my absences is clear in her voice.

"It's the exact same thing, Diana." I point out, she waves me off, before Rosa-belle continues,

"Not much, we were actually hoping to go for a walk on the beach afterwards, you in?"

I purse my lips and my eyebrows lower when my eyes close for a moment, "That better not be a 'No', Poppy?" Diana mutters in question, her eyes probably narrowing in.