24. To Woo A Girl Like Me

Start from the beginning

It infuriates me to no ends, but I sigh in defeat, glancing back at my Pinterest board, looking for more pins.

I give him a good fifteen minutes as he mauls over my suggestions, I'm thoroughly surprised when his arms lunge towards me and I'm wrapped up in his muscular arms as he delicately places me on his lap, sideways as my legs are splayed out in my previous seat.

I groan in annoyance, leaning back with my elbows on the small hold on the sides of each window seat. He secures both arms tightly around me, forcing me to look at him when they squeeze the freaking air out of my lungs. Those playful violet eyes stare back into mine, as his mood changes, mine grows worse.

"It seems you require all the more convincing, Honey. I will take some of what you said into consideration." He murmurs, pulling me fully towards him, I'm hesitant to wrap my arm around his neck. I remain with the closest arm to him, across his chest, hiding my blush as I place my forehead in his neck, glancing down at the screen as I flick through the images of different sports cars.

He chuckles, when he notices, taking the phone from my hand and saving a few he likes. I close my eyes for a moment, before falling into him as the darkness overcomes my senses, with a warm welcome indeed as Maximus tilts his head into mine and creates an even warmer atmosphere.

It's not the other students, or teachers, or the bus driver or even the rocky road that wakes me up.

It's Maximus' snoring.

Even though it may be quiet to everyone else, he's snoring right in my ear. I groan in annoyance, jolting my head away from his, he wakes during a half snore, his eyes confused as he tightens his hold around my waist, he furrows his eyebrows at me and pouts.

"Why'd you move?" He murmurs, a husky voice arises due to sleep. I roll my eyes.

"Because even though you may not notice it, you snore like a freaking hurricane." I say snappily, definitely cranky from the lack of sleep. I try to wriggle out of his arms but he protests rather quickly, "I promise, I won't ever snore again." I huff at his 'apparent' promise.

What a bunch of crap!

"Maximus!" I grunt, trying to find a comfortable position and only now noticing how stiff my back had gotten.

I wince a little at the tight muscles, he sighs before slowly massaging my back, pulling me back in, he uses his other hand to guide my arm up and around his neck, before doing the same with the other and then shimmering me down his lap. I purse my lips with half closed eyes, not taking in the sudden fast breathing and erratic heartbeat that leaves his chest.

When his breathing doesn't come back to normal within a few minutes, I roll my eyes, once again, before lifting up, "Honey-" my eyes narrow as he whines.

"Maximus, clearly you're getting worked up with me on your lap!" I point out as more redness grows on his neck. His eyes narrow at my bluntness but, I really could not care less.

I continue, "Maximus, what is going on? You've been acting weird and let me remind you, I haven't slept for more than twenty-four hours and the most rest I've had on this ride, is less than an hour." I quit the ranting when he glances down at me with a soft expression.

He sighs, his lips twitch up in the smallest smile as he removes my hands from his neck, placing a kiss on the back of both of them before gliding them back around his neck. He pulls me so close that we're chest to chest.

"Poppy, I'm getting this worked up, as you so eloquently put it, because you're finally allowing me in to that crazily complicated head of yours and you're letting me hold you, alright? That means a great deal to me. I'll let you get some rest soon, but for a second, just enjoy the moment. I can barely get the air into my lungs with you being here with me, Honey." He breathes out, confessing yet another piece of what he may feel for me.