21. The Rules To Reality

Começar do início

"Jamison the bank account is under Simons and Co, his name is Edward Green on the account. Account number zero, eight, double zero, dash, triple three, zero, four, eight, two, dash, double four, zero." I relay to him as I watch him write each number down.

He hands the check to her just as she slides him the small package.

Once she walks away, Jamison finishes his drink in one gulp before placing the package inside his coat jacket, before, "Mission complete, will meet you at rendezvous point." He whispers, raising a card to leave through the entrance. I roll my eyes, people don't actually use this kind of terminology anymore.

"Excuse me, My lady. Would you like to dance?" I hear from the side of me, when I glance towards the voice. I blink a few times. Ivan's older brother, Henry Torres, who looks exactly like Ivan, only taller and his eyes are a dark green.

I bite my tongue in an attempt to divert my focus from widening my eyes, "I ought to know your name before granting your wish for a dance, Sir."

He smiles cheerfully, before raising his arm and holding his elbow out to me.

"My name is Henry. Henry Torres. May I know the name of the most beautiful woman in the room?" He flatters me so. I still, crap-Ivan's older brother, the one he never talks about, the one I could tell Ivan doesn't get along with.

I hold a tight smile on my face as I take his arm in mine, "Adeline. Adeline Reign." I tell him, the fake name worked in well. Plus, I adored the name Adeline.

He leads me to the middle of the dance floor, already positioning us as we make small talk, "What brings you here, Miss Reign?" He asks, casually as he leads us.

I glance up at him before looking back over his arm, there's no way I could reach his shoulder, "Thinking of purchasing artwork, but I haven't made a decision yet." I reply, looking straight to the left when he dips me half way, chuckling as I gasp in surprise.

"Well, which did you find most interesting?" He asks inquisitively.

I quickly catch eye of the titanic artwork many were admiring, "Definitely the Titanic piece, the artists' eye for detail is immaculate." I note, glancing up only to find a bright smile on his sharp face.

"Thank you, Miss Reign. It means a great deal to me." He states with clarity.

I lean back and actually have a good look at him, raising an eyebrow, "You painted it?"

He smiles down at me, "Indeed. It seems you have an eye for design, as well, Miss Reign." He compliments.

"Miss Poppy, I'm waiting at your car." Jamison says through the earpiece, I almost jump in surprise, I completely forgot he could still hear everything.

"Thank you, Mr Torres. Though, I apologise, I have somewhere I need to be." I tell him quickly, glancing over my shoulder as I untangle my hand from his.

He smiles, before gliding the hand on my waist, back to his side, "Please, call me Henry. I hope we meet again, Miss Reign." He says, bowing my way.

I smile before nodding and curtsying, then turning towards the entrance. Making my way through the crowd, I finally see my car with Jamison standing patiently next to it. I unlock it and we both get in, leaving before anything else, "Do you have it?" I ask him, once we're at least ten minutes drive from the auction.

He nods from the passenger seat as I slowly pull in to a hotel he's currently staying at.

"How'd you get the name and account number so quickly?" He asks, far more surprised than nervous, like I'd thought he would be.