Alex (2)

Chapter Name: Criminally Insane (2)
Alex x reader (sorta not yet)
Warning: crime stuff...
AU
Part 2/3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You walked through the city with the chilled night air waking you up. When you hear a striking scream from the alley.

You ran to it, pulling out your gun. You got there only in time to see a pink figure flash away with a young man.

"Damnit" you mumbled, as you put your gun back in your pocket. You pulled out your phone and called the police swiftly.

The police arrived a few minutes later and began asking you questions.

"What did you see" a cop said as he shook your hand, he clearly recognized you, probably from some news report. You were good at your job and had caught some of the most dangerous criminals.

"Pink figure, it got away too fast for me to make out its face and I think I young man from the sound of the scream" you said calmly.

"Okay..." the cop said looking behind you to the scene.

"Thank Detective L/N" he said as he began walking to the exact spot.

"Any time... I don't mean to rush to any conclusions but I think that was Xale" you muttered coldly.

"Yeah that's what we are afraid of" a female officer sighed, "if it is Xale, that kid doesn't have a chance"

"Yeah I know" you mumbled and looked at the back of your hand.

Two days Later

"Breaking News" the tv blared, " the body of teenager Miles Whittier has been found"

You looked down at your cereal and then over to your phone noticing the excess of call and text that had just come in, telling you this had happened.

"The 17 year old boy was walking home after a trip to get a soda when he was suddenly taken, his body was found this morning in the middle of Gotham Square with an 'X' carved into his chest." The news anchor said.

Your eyes glued to the screen, and what the anchor said next confirmed your worst fear, "along with the 'X' a piece of paper was found saying 'I'm Back' unfortunately we believe this may be the work of Xale" she said calmly.

You leaned your head back, and ran your hands through your hair.

"So he's back?" Alfred said from behind you.

"Seems so" you muttered and stood up.

"I've got to go in to the station about now" you said and scratched the back of your hand.

You got into the station and got to work.

Three Days Later

"Hey, um do you want to get coffee" you muttered into the phone. You didn't know why you called but you felt like you should, you felt like you were being pushed too.

"Yeah I'd love that" Alex said back.

"Okay that great, let's meet at the Starbucks on 4th tomorrow at 10" you asked.

"Yeah that's perfect..." he said through the phone.