Will

Chapter Name:  Calm Down
Will x reader
Warning: angst, mentions of addiction, abuse...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You sat on the rooftop of your apartment building, with a cigarette hanging from you fingers. You had tried to stop multiple times, but you could never seem to be able to. Something always got in the way.

You looked out to the London skyline, gazing off to the blinking lights.  You became mesmerized by the view, your thoughts becoming foggy. Filling with happier thoughts, of love and joy.

"Y/N?" A voice whispered, causing you to jump, breaking your thoughtful state. You looked back to see the tall figure of Will. His face dropped.

You quickly tried to hide the lit cigarette behind you. "What are doing up here" you asked shyly.

"The real question is what are doing" he said snatching the cigarette from behind you.  He looked you up and down with disappointment.

He looked at the burnt out cigarette and then at you. He dropped it to the ground and stepped on it harshly, causing you to flinch.

He shook his head back and forth in disgust. "Why would you do that" he asked coldly, his accent coming through more than normal.

"It calms me down" you said not being able to look him in the eyes. You heard him scuff.

He looked over, seeing the pack you had out, snatching it up. 

"You know how I feel about these" he said. His hand, with the pack, balled into a fist and he threw the pack off the side of the building.

"What the fuck will" you shouted not really knowing how to react you continued "those were expensive"

His eyes glared, becoming dark. You had never seen him this mad. It scared you. "You disgust me"he said looking out to the distance.

"I can't believe you" he shook his head and walked away. Heading back to his room. You wanted to chase after him, explain yourself, but you didn't have the energy too. You were mentally and physically tired. Your heart and body hurt.

You looked back up at the moon and sighed, realizing that you had lost him too. You slowly brought your fingers to your lips expecting to take a puff of smoke but realized there was nothing in your hand.

You loved Will , he didn't share the same feelings. Seemingly always with a new girl, it broke your already scarred heart. You longed to just be held in his arms, but any chance of that now was gone.

Will had a huge opposition to smoking, you weren't sure why though. He'd just say vague things when you asked. "It's not good for you" " It kills" "it should be banned"

  Tears had began welling in your eyes. You didn't try to wipe them off. You finally got up and wandered back to you and Will's shared flat. You weren't sure what he was going to say when you walked in but you were too tired to care.

You stumbled into your flat, you tip toed to you bedroom hoping he wouldn't hear you. But of course that didn't work, noticing you almost immediately. You avoided his gaze and ran into your room locking the door behind you.

You hear a quiet bang at your door, "Y/N let me in...please" he asked in a soft tone.

"Y/N I'm sorry, let me explain, love" he sighed. You heard his voice break.

You slowly reached to open the door, opening it to see a crying Will. He pulled you into a deep hug, his head buried in the crook of your neck.

You push him back and coldly state, "Explain"

He sat down on my unmade bed and let out a heavy sigh, he pulled up his shirt slightly, causing confusing for you, when you noticed the small circular scars.

"My dad, use to smoke... when he smoked he would get mad..." he said almost not being able to finish his sentence.

"Will" you cried out in sadness, your eyes began watering harder then before.

"He'd take a lit cigarette and..." he began to cry more. You instantly sat down next to him and hug him gently.

"I'm so sorry, I... I don't know what to say" you cried into his chest.

"It's not your.... I didn't mean to react like that.... it's just..." he began, but you stopped him.

"Stop...please" you pleaded with him, as you pulled his shirt back down not wanting to see the scars any more.

You two sat there for awhile in silence. "Can I stay with you tonight?" He asked shyly.

"Of course" you said nodding kindly.

You both snuggled into the duvet. He coiled his arm around you, bring you closer to him. For the first time in awhile he felt good, he didn't feel afraid when he was with you. He felt peace