"Um, Mr. Stark?" he finds himself saying out loud.

"Yeah, kid?" Tony responds without looking up from his phone.

"Can I ask you a question?" Peter asks nervously as he scratches neck. Tony shifts his eyes and lifts his hand to slowly guide Peter's hand away from scratching the hives.

"Of course. Shoot," he encourages.

"The phone call you got...it was about the Accords again, wasn't it." It comes out as more of a statement than a question, but Tony stiffly nods nonetheless. His grip has tightened on his phone and his eye contact is unwavering. "Is...is everything gonna be okay?" Peter carefully asks in hopes of not agitating him. Tony takes a steadying breath and nods again.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I've got it handled. People can just be frustrating sometimes. Nothing for you to fret over." He pats Peter's shoulder, who nods.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Peter asks. Anything that Spider-Man can do? remains unspoken.

"Trust me, kid, even if you could help, I wouldn't want you anywhere near the Sokovia Accords." Tony runs a hand through his hair.

"Or Secretary Ross?" Peter suggests. Tony freezes, but then slowly nods.

"Yeah. Or Secretary Ross." His voice is tight and he stares at his lap. Different questions race through Peter's mind, but he doesn't know if he's allowed to ask any of them. Instead, he keeps his eyes trained on his hands as he holds back the words from leaking out of his mouth. "The only person that rivals you in overthinking is Bruce," Tony jokes lightly. A small smile tugs at Peter's lips.

"Yeah, I'm working on it."

"If you have a question, ask it," Tony prompts nonchalantly. Peter looks up from his hands, seeing nothing but candor in Tony's eyes.

"Does Spider-Man have to sign the Accords...?" Peter asks anxiously. He really doesn't want to have to sign something that will restrict him from being able to help people. Tony sighs and rubs his forehead with his thumb.

"Not if I can help it, that's for damn sure. You aren't officially an Avenger so I'm hoping they'll keep you out of it entirely." For the first time since Homecoming, Peter is actually glad he turned down the offer to join the Avengers. If he had to sign the Accords and someone got hurt because the government didn't allow him to help...he'd never forgive himself. "Enough of the boring stuff. You still haven't told me what yeet means." Peter can't help but laugh at Tony's overdramatic pronunciation.

"Oh, right!" Peter searches up the video on YouTube and hands his phone to Tony. Tony angles the phone, but ends up narrowing his eyes.

"How can you even see anything on the screen with all the cracks? That's it, as soon as we get you out of here, you're getting a Stark Phone," he says with no room left for argument, even though it's Peter's first instinct to. Regardless, Tony presses play on the video and Peter can slightly see the screen as the kid starts dancing. Peter can't help but smile and tries to hold back his laughing.

Yah, yah, yeet, yah, yah, yah, yah, yeet, yah!

Tony raises his eyebrow at it, then hands the phone back to Peter.

"I don't get it. You find that funny?" Tony almost looks concerned at Peter's choice of humor.

"It's a classic, Mr. Stark!" Peter defends with a wide smile.

"Sure," Tony says, utterly unconvinced. "I think I'd rather just stay in the dark. Make all the references you want." Peter smirks, Oh he's going to regret that so fast and I'm going to have way too much fun with it.