Phil put a hand behind his head, an embarrassed blush sweeping across his features. "You give us too much praise." Phil motioned for Dan to follow him towards your front door as he made his way towards the shoes that were scattered across the floor.

"Honestly, I don't think I give you guys enough."

"Please, you're embarrassing me! What are friends for? If you want, we can all hangout today after Dan and I are cleaned up back home."

"O-oh, that sounds—"

"Yeah, no can do, Phil. I've already made plans with (Y/N) for the day."

"Huh?" Phil had been in the middle of putting his shoes on as he heard Dan's statement. He stood with frozen balance, stuck in a pose that was more akin to some fancy yoga stance. You were frozen as well, holding your breath as you listened to Dan repeat himself from the night before. You really hadn't been dreaming after all.

"I've already asked her to come out with me later. I hope you don't mind, but she'll be with me today. Cause, y'know, Uhm..." Dan's confidence from announcing his plans began to crumble, a stuttering mess replacing his previous composure. He seemed to curl up, fiddling with his hands as he looked to the side. He seemed uncomfortable as he tried to sputter out his remaining words. "I–I already asked her last night, but if you want to come then... I guess we could d–do something together. Us three... maybe...Or, uh..." As you were staring at Dan, a hot blush erupted on your face. He looked towards you has he was talking, an even more crimson glare dusting his cheeks. You looked away, your heart sent a-spiral.

Phil had straightened up his posture whilst Dan had been talking, gazing at both of his friends with a blank stare. Suddenly, he jolted towards Dan, looping his arm with Dan's as he tugged him towards the door. "Okay, sounds good! You guys have fun. I'm just going to bring Dan home now; see you later, (Y/N)!"

"W–wait, Phil I—" Phil left no time for Dan to talk as he pushed him out of the apartment, looking over his shoulder one last time to flash you a wide grin. With that, the door slammed shut. You stood in the middle of your flat, flabbergasted beyond belief at what had just happened. You looked around the now empty apartment, numbly making your way towards the futon as you plop yourself down on the cushions. You sat rigidly, blankly staring ahead at the television in front of you, dimly noting the reflection of yourself in the screen. You could barely make out the grey silhouette of your pajamas against the warped glass.

Without any warning, you reached for a nearby pillow and stuffed it towards our face, letting out a shriek of compressed emotions. Not one of anger, sadness or frustration, but one of pure excitement. You felt giddiness bubble inside you, trails of laughter making its way upwards as a warmth spread through your entire body. You wiggled your toes in effort to rid yourself of this surprising feeling. Is this really happening?! It is! Why am I freaking out though?! Calm down, you big freak! But... Oh my fucking God!

I'm going on a date with Dan?

You threw the pillow down to the side, quickly jumping to your feet as you frantically ran to your room. I have to get ready! You bolted towards your closet door, practically throwing various garments across the room as you tried to figure out what the Hell you were going to wear for today. Something fancy? No, you didn't want to think he was spending the day with a prude. Besides, the only fancy thing you had was that dress and... you'd rather not think about it right now.

Perhaps something casual; plain shirt and some jeans? No, that would seem to plain. He'd probably get bored with you in a few seconds if you looked like an empty canvas. You shuffled through different styles, fabrics and looks, all of them seeming unworthy for today's task. It was infuriating. You had never been this stressed about impressing someone, a boy nonetheless! You had no experience in this department whatsoever, the concept of dating something you rarely experienced in your life.