a

Taehyung

Oh she's all excited now.

I watched with a smile as she ran up to the piano eagerly.

She's literally a little kid.

I stood beside Theodora as she sat down at the bench, laying her hands across the keys and played a few chords.

Why do I find that attractive?

She only played chords.

Theodora glanced up at me with a smile before focusing back on the piano, smiling at that now.

Well shit. Now I'm jealous of a piano.

Her left hand started to do what sounded like arpeggios.

Immediately, I knew what she is playing.

Hallelujah.

"I heard there was a secret chord." Theodora started to sing softly as she swayed with the music. "That David played and it pleased the Lord."

But you don't really care for music do you? I sang in my head, harmonizing with Theodora.

I heard a door creak and I saw about five people walk out, in their pajamas, and they stood and listened to Theodora play. Looking up, there were some kids leaning out from their windows, their eyes locked on Theodora. 

I smiled and looked back down at Theodora, hoping she feels the pride of bringing happiness to all of these people with her gift of music.

The power you hold, it brings people together. It makes them smile.

Her ring glistened in the moonlight, her voice making me wish she would never stop. Her hair moving with each breath she took.

She's perfect. She's beautiful.

She's everything I've ever wanted.

I love her.

Her fingers slipped a few times, making mistakes that she has never made before.

I frowned as I noticed that she was shaking.

"Ha-hale...hallelujah." She sobbed and stopped playing the piano all together.

A few people gasped sadly as I immediately sat next to her and hugged her tightly.

"What's wrong?" I whispered softly as I rubbed her shoulder.

"This was my brother's favorite song." Theodora cried, wiping away her tears angrily. "He's dead."

The bystanders simultaneously awwed sadly.

Theodora looked up with wide eyes, now realizing the crowd she has brought together. Now I wish they weren't here to see her break down.

"Ah, I'm very sorry everybody." Theodora locked eyes with a few as she called out in the streets, forcing an apologetic smile on her face.

She doesn't have to apologize. It's not her fault.

"You're alright Miss!" A voice called out from a window.

"Yeah! It was beautiful!"

"We're just happy that you played!"

"You're the first one to ever play that piano!"

Theodora smiled and looked down, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. I silently thanked the ones in the buildings, thanking them for being understanding, kind.