Chapter uno

Today is October 31st... My 15th birthday. Like a normal day my mom left the apartment with put saying one word to me. I was alone.... But I am used to that. But today was the day I will get out of this prison I call my house. I wasn't going to run away just leave for an hour or two then come back. My mother would never even know. No one new she got pregnant when she was 14 with me, and if she has it her way the only people that would know would be me and my tutor John. I did what I did every morning, eat breakfast then read a book. John arrived at about 9:30 and then school started. John left at about 12:45 and that's when u decided I was for sure going to leave.

After John left I watched out my window until he exited the building. I crept over to the door and pulled a bobby pin out of my hair. I bent it as straight as I could then used it to unlock my front door. Some how my mother had found a lock that locks in both sides of the door. I had practiced unlocking the door like this many times on my bedroom door. I walked out into the hall way. It was so different then my house. I quickly tried to find a way down to the bottom floor. I dot remember how to get to the stairs, and I don't know how to use an elevator. I was starting to panic! I heard some people talking and saw them getting into the elevator. This is my chance I ran into the elevator before the doors could close. My heart was pounding. I had never been in such an enclosed space and I did not like it. The man an woman looked at me with odd expressions. When the elevator doors opened I walked into what I suppose is the lobby. I looked around frantically for an exit or something. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. I saw to double doors but I was scared and unsure if I should leave. When I looked over the couple from the elevator where talking to the receptionist and they were all lookin at me. I turned a little more and saw a huge mane with a black shirt that said SECURITY on the chest was walking towards me. I had no idea what to do so I just ran. I ran out the building and down the street for a few blocks when I turned left down a side street I ran right into a person walking towards me, whom I hadn't seen coming.

We were both on the ground. I was so nervous I was shacking. "I am so so sorry" I said the the person I had just run over. I stood up and stuck a hand out To pull up the stranger. As I pull him up his hood that he had been wearing slid off his head. He looked at me with scared eyes like I was about to maul him. "Um." Is all he said. "I am really truly sorry" I said to him again. As I looked into his eyes I noticed they were the color of the ocean. He had blonde hair that was perfectly wavy and he was tall. Almost or exactly as tall as me. This was my first in counter with a boy other then John and I was very shaky.

He still didn't say anything so I turned around to walk away. I had never been in this kind of situation so I didn't know how to react. As I walked away I felt a soft hand grip my arm and pull me to a halt.

"My names Cody Simpson." The cute boy said to me with a semi cocky smile.

"Hi, I'm Hanna" I said shyly. He looked at me like he was expecting me to know something. "Do you not know who I am he said."

"I'm sorry no. Should I?" I asked him. He looked at me with a half smile and chuckled "no, it's good that you dont!" He said

"Ok well I have to go...." I said to him well turning around again. I walked off in the direction I ran from. It had been an hour sense I had left and I was scared my mother would be home. I waited until a large group of people walked into the apartment building so I could get by the receptionist with out being spotted. My plan worked and I was soon going up in the elevator. I new that I lived on the 10th floor and my room was room 1001. When I got to my room it was still unlocked I opened the door and went inside.

Thank god my mother isn't home yet. I'm safe.

I felt very curious tho. What were other people in the world like, what are different places like. I wanted to know, and I will know.

This is not going to be my only trip out of the house!!!!