Chapter 33

The opponent stood in front of me was a girl.

The first girl I had fought since finding this new town and it was kind of refreshing to see.

That and because the men usually liked girl on girl action. And that meant the bets were high tonight.

And I was ready to win.

The sound of the bell echoed in my ears but neither of us made a move to attack first.

We circled each other as I analysed her steps. She seemed to be a leftie but I didn't know if that was just a diversion from something else that she was hiding. I wasn't going to take any risks just yet.

Deeming myself ready, I stepped forward throwing an uppercut which just managed to graze her chin as she stepped back.

She kicked her leg out, successfully plunging her foot into my stomach. At the contact made, I quickly grabbed her foot and twisted causing her to fall to the ground.

I ignored the pain in my stomach as I rushed to her and straddled her, each leg holding her in place securely.

Her arms raised to dodge the oncoming attacks but my fist pummelled into her midriff instead.

Unsuspecting of my target, she weakened the defence barrier that was her arms and I aimed for her face.

Her arms had now completely given up at defending herself. Each fist that hit her skin had her cringing in pain, the next attack even worse than the last.

However, a harsh light soon had me scrunching my eyes closed and it took me a few seconds to realise what it was.

I wasted no time in blindly getting off her.

I didn't want to be anywhere near her. Or the knife that she grasped in her hand.

What a fucking let down.

Using a weapon to win. Not only was that cheating but also lowered my respect for her.

And to think that I liked the fact that I could finally see another girl fighting here.

And she went and spoilt it.

She lunged towards me with the dagger but I was quick to side step.

Her teeth ground together as she let out an aggravated sigh at the fact that she had missed her target.

Me.

"What? You too scared now?" She spoke with a hard tone, clearly frustrated that her approaches had failed so far.

Ignoring her, I braved myself and aimed to knock the weapon out of her hold. At the very last minute, she tossed it to her other hand and struck my temple with the solid handle.

What the fuck was that knife made of?

The smirk that sat on her face was hard to see with the black dots that started to blur my vision.

Shit.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of them only for them to come back.

Her smirk only grew at this.

She knew.

Deciding it was better to stay in a defensive mode, I bounced lightly on the balls of my feet, my arms in place.

Her foot stepped forward and I was quick to duck as her arm shot out. Swiftly, I kicked my legs out and her body fell soon after.

Scrambling up, my foot struck her knee and she winced at the pain.