Chapter 12

I stood frozen in my position, my arms still wrapped around Shaun's neck. My face still buried in his neck, only my eyes peered over Shaun's shoulder to see Zach standing in the doorway.

At his sides his fists were clenching and unclenching. Why? I don't know, he's the one that barged in here. How did he even know where we lived?

I felt Shaun's head whip to the direction of the door where Zach was standing.

"I'm gonna kill you. You fucking bastard. You hurt her, maybe not just now but before. And for that, I'm gonna make you pay. Feeding her lies, making her put herself down. I can't believe I told you our address. I'm a fucking idiot." He was right in front of Zach now.

Before I had time to process Shaun's words he looked at me and boy did he look scary. He wasn't angry, no, he was pissed. Not good when it came to Shaun. Earlier on I was only scared because he was angry because of me. He had never been that angry with me.

Now that it was someone else it was a different story, especially when he was pissed. And trust me, there is a big difference.

"We're moving out, I'm not letting you stay here as long as he knows where we live." He spat Zach's name out.

I shook my head. "Why? It's okay if he knows where we live and another place will be too expensive. I understand that the area's a little shady but-" I didn't understand what he was talking about or why we had to move out.

"What do you mean why? What are we doing still chatting?" He went into the bedroom and I followed seeing Dylan on the bed, earphones in and on my phone. How and when did he get here?

Shaun brought a suitcase out from underneath the bed and opened the drawers which were filled with clothes.

I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Shaun we need to think about this before we jump to conclusions. I can't get my parent's money until I turn 18, remember? I know this place isn't the best place to live but any other place will be too expensive." I reminded him.

"We can make it work, we have to make it work. I just don't want him to hurt you like he did before." We were now sitting side by side on the bed.

Zach came into the room and Shaun was instantly on his feet.

"I've never hurt Skylar before, why would I do-" His sentence was cut off when Shaun's fist went flying to his stomach. Then another. Another, this time to the face.

I stood up and walked over to him, "Shaun, stop. Listen to me Shaun. Please! Stop!" He listened to my cries and stopped.

"He wouldn't hurt me Shaun, it's okay. Don't hurt him, please." I said.

"He's hurt you before, it's going to happen again. How can you trust him, what makes you think it won't happen again? Huh? Tell me Sky, tell me."

I was about to tell him when another fist went flying but this time it wasn't Shaun's. No, it was Zach's. He had just punched Shaun in the mouth, splitting his lip.

They both had at least a little blood on them but apparently that wasn't enough. Zach then kneed Shaun in the stomach. I knew Shaun could fight back easily, heck, he could kill him. But I knew that he wouldn't do anything to him because of me.

He didn't want to see me upset or angry with him because he didn't listen to me so I knew for a fact that was why he wasn't fighting back. And him just covering his head from the pain being inflicted on him proved it. I had to do something. And fast.

"Get off him Zach. Stop! You're hurting him. Please! Shaun you can fight back, I won't get mad at you. Get off him Zach. Stop!" He ignored my pleads but I think it was because he couldn't hear me. "Fuck you Zach." I punched him across the jaw making his head snap to the other side.