Chapter 8

I put on my sports bra and my shorts. Over that I put on my hoodie. I couldn't risk letting anyone seeing who I was and that's how it's always been. I grabbed my gym bag and kissed Dylan's forehead.

I had already told him that I was going out to fight tonight. He kept on asking me if I would be alright and as usual I kept on assuring him that I would be. Then it ended with him saying good luck.

I made sure that his emergency phone was next to him and left. Since I didn't know how to get there on the road, I decided to walk.

By the time I got to the building, I had my hood up. My bag was hidden in a bush and I had everything I needed with me.

I walked over to the bar and tilted my head downwards making sure the bartender didn't know I was a girl yet.

"Where can I sign up to fight?" I asked.

"I haven't seen you around, you're probably a newbie. Let's give you an easy opponent." He replied.

I shook my head, "I don't care who I fight, as long as I get to fight."

"Alright, alright, what's your name? You'll be up next." The man said.

"Stealth," I answered, wanting to cut the conversation short and prepare for the fight.

Not giving him the chance to say anything else, I turned around and walked to where the crowd was to watch the fight.

The man on the left was big and looked strong and he put a lot of power into his punches. The other man was slow.

It was too late for him to do anything about it by the time he saw it coming. The sound of his body hitting the hard mat echoed throughout the room before an echo of cheers rang out.

The referee held up the winner's hand announcing his victory. The man stayed up there, loving the attention as he collected his money.

He climbed down from the ring smiling as men patted his back and congratulated him. They were obviously the people that got to keep their money.

The referee took the mic in his hand and said, "Next up we have Iron Fist." Everyone started cheering.

He carried on, "Against a newbie, let's give a warm welcome to Stealth."

I smirked under my hood. They didn't know I was a girl.

I climbed up to the ring getting pushed and shoved in all directions. Since I'm new no one knows me so this would be the best time to make the most money.

Let's give them something to talk about.

A few gasps and whispers went around, a few smart ones out there. They could tell from my shorts that I was a girl.

My hand wraps were already on and the ref started talking about the rules. I already knew them, there was really only one.

You can only win once your opponent is unconscious, dead. Or they cannot get up.

I got into my fighting stance and so did the man.

Ding! Ding!

The man smirks at me, "Come on shorty, what are you gonna do? How about I help you out? I'll let you hit me first, that is if you can." He taunts me.

How generous of you.

I lift my head up a little bit just so that he can see the smirk on my face. His face turns into one of shock.

His still waits for me to attack first and so I do, I'm not going to waste an opportunity like that and I may just want to see the look of surprise on his face.

I faked a left as he tried to dodge for it but my other fist caught his face as I swung right. Before he could react I tripped him making him land on his back.

I bent down a little, "Who're you calling shorty now? Huh?" The crowd laughed at this, in the end they'll be, they'd have lost the money they betted on. I doubt anyone betted on me winning.

I waited for him to get up and for him to attack first.

See I can be nice.

He stepped forward and tried to punch me. I dodged. He shifted forward then tried to strike me in the stomach. Once again I dodged it.

I was starting to get bored and he seemed to be getting more irritated. He tried to kick me, but my hand shot out and clutched his ankle. I twisted it and pushed it causing him to stumble back and fall from the amount of force.

I kicked the side of his gut and kneeled down. I punched him in his gut, watching him double over in pain.

I didn't waist anymore time and I straddled the man, restricting him from moving. My knuckles started turning swollen from punching his face continuously, I smashed a punch into his throat making him cough and sputter.

I jabbed at the man's nose, hearing the familiar sickening crack that told me his nose was broken. The man let out a quiet shriek of pain as his hands shot up to his nose to clutch them.

Jeez, I thought he was one of the tough ones.

Unfortunately for him it wasn't over. Just one more move and then he can rest.

With my left hand I punched him one last time in the jaw, leaving him on the cold, hard ground, unconscious. I usually used my left hand to knock someone out, it's almost always does it and even though I'm right handed it's my strongest and most powerful hand.

I got off the man and watched as they cheered for me. The money found its way to my hand.

"You know what you're doing, want to go another round?"

I turned around to find the man that was at the bar earlier.

"Sure," I answered him.

"She may be new here, but she's going twice in a row, it's Stealth against..."

_____

I grabbed my bag from the bush and checked my phone. No missed calls, which means nothing's happened to Dylan. Phew.

I jogged back home at a steady pace, ignoring the pain running through my ribs.

Turns out I did two more rounds making a total of three. Once my adrenaline was pumping, I didn't want to stop.

Although that last guy gave me a nasty blow to my ribs. I think one or two may be fractured but I can't do anything about that. I did do well tonight though. I had swollen knuckles, might have a fractured rib and a faint black eye. It wasn't too bad. Not compared to the guys lying unconscious on the floor.

As well as that, I made a lot of money, $2215 to be exact.

Once I got back, I checked the bedroom to make sure that Dylan was okay and sure enough his little body is on the floor, snoring away as he sleeps soundly. I smile at him.

He must have rolled out of bed in the night. I walked up to him and carefully picked up his small frame and placed him in bed. I covered him then kissed his forehead.

I went to the bathroom and undressed. I turned the shower on and had a cold shower. My muscles relaxed under the cold water and slowly the pain in them reduced. I learnt not to use hot water when I had bruises, it reduces the swelling - I learnt it the hard way.

If anything hot water makes it worse, the last time my bruises swell up and some bled. It really hurt.

I scrubbed my body with my oatmeal milk and honey soap and then rinsed. I got out of the shower and put what I wear to sleep. When I got there, I got in bed and kissed Dylan goodnight even though he was asleep. Whilst sleeping he snuggled up to me and I out my arms around him.

I fell asleep holding him.

~~~~~

A/N:

Hello, sorry this was boring and I haven't uploaded in a while. I was really busy, sorry.

Leave a comment and tell me if you're liking the book so far and what you think should happen next...