Chapter 18

As soon as we entered the party, everyone scattered leaving just Tyler and I on our own.

We just stood there and the air around us grew awkward. It could have been from the kiss we had shared or the fact that he knew my hidden identity.

Tyler coughed uncomfortably before turning to speak to me.

"Come on. I'll show you to the kitchen, we can get some drinks." He said, grabbing my hand.

And like that, the mood lightened and we were back to our normal selves.

"Whose party is this anyway?"

"Ryan's." Was his clipped answer as we weaved through the hot, sweaty crowd of dancers.

But I thought Ryan and the boys weren't friends. Maybe everyone really did come to these parties. Friends or not.

His other hand pushed open a door. He went through, me following straight after and I found myself in the kitchen.

His hand left mine and I noticed that the kitchen was less crowded, only two or three people in here, excluding us of course.

I examined the people closer in the kitchen and realised that it was Chase and Zach. They were with a girl.

I turned around to find Tyler with his head in the fridge, rummaging through it before he found what he was looking for.

He walked over to me and held out a can of beer.

I took it, making sure the can was sealed before I drank from it. You never know what somebody could have put in it beforehand.

I opened the can and took a sip. I felt the ice-cold liquid travelling down my throat and breathed out a satisfied sigh.

I looked through the kitchen window to see the backyard, the pool had a few teenagers in and the grass had a few red solo cups littered around.

A tug on my arm made me look away and my eyes travelled up the arm to find that it was Tyler.

"Come on. We're playing a game in another room."

I nodded and followed him, just as he was about to leave the kitchen his hand took a hold on mine. He turned to look at me and nodded in questioning.

My head tilted down in a nod and he opened the door, pulling me along with him upstairs.

We turned left and walked through a room filled with people sat in a circle.

All heads turned to us apart from a couple making out.

Tyler sat down and I followed, sitting down next to him. Tyler was on my right and a girl with what could only be described as a wicked smile, sat to my left.

Tyler introduced everyone, starting on his side and ending on the girl next to me.

"This is Leon, obviously you know Zach. That girl next to him is Gina then Hailey, Matt, Carter but you already know him and you're sitting next to Samantha. The couple making out are George and I don't know. I haven't met the girl before."

I smiled at Zach and Carter then nodded at everyone else, apart from George and the girl.

Leon looked at me with an open mouth and Samantha with a smirk but her eyes showed a confused look.

My face remained emotionless as I turned back to the circle. Tyler clapped his hands together.

"Alright shall we get on with the game?"

A few 'yeah's went around before Samantha spoke up.

"What game are we playing anyway?"

"Well, because Sky here is new, I was thinking a good old fashioned truth or dare." He ended with a smirk.