Chapter 13

"I don't remember seeing you at school, where were you?" I asked Tyler.

We were currently at his house, supposedly working on the project, but we got a little bored.

He shrugged, "We were-" A sound from downstairs cut him off mid-sentence.

"Um, what was that?" I asked Tyler warily.

A voice shouted from downstairs, "Tyler! Come help us!"

Tyler shot up from his seat beside me on the sofa and hastily turned to look at me, "It's okay, just one of the boys. Stay here I'll be right back." He said, already by the door.

He left leaving me in his room. A few grunts were heard and some other crashes and curiosity got the best of me.

I stood at the top of their staircase just in time to see someone helping another person walk out of the main entrance.

I followed them into that room and the sight in front of me made me gasp. A few people looked over at me but I didn't care.

There on the counter was Zach laying down. Objects all on the floor as if they had been pushed off the counter. Well, they probably had. Uncle Hud stood next to Tyler, examining Zach.

I stepped forward drawing everyone's attention. Tyler whispered something to Carter before Carter made his way over here.

"Carter -"

"You're not supposed to be down here Sky." He told me before trying to gently lead me out. I didn't budge.

"I'm not going until you tell me what happened."

He sighed before speaking, "When you were at school, we were doing some shady stuff-"

"Can you just say selling drugs? That obviously means selling drugs," I interrupted.

He gave me flat look. "Okay, we were selling drugs and the guy didn't seem to trust us. He shot him, in the chest."

And that's all it took for me to start moving, but not in the direction that Carter wanted.

Standing behind Zach I noticed his shirt, which had been cut in half to show the wound, was soaking in blood.

Do they even know what they're fucking doing?

Zach's eyes dotted to me. He spoke pausing a few times, "Get out. They know. What. They're doing."

"Yeah fucking right."

Uncle Hud found his way into our conversation, "The gang's doctor is heavily pregnant. Tyler, Carter and Zach have all treated a wound before. It's no different now."

I sighed. "Fine, but Tyler needs to hurry up, he's already lost a lot of blood."

I moved out the way so Tyler could help Zach but I still watched to make sure he was doing it right.

And he wasn't. His wands were shaking too much.

I took over straight away. Zach was sweating, bleeding and in so much pain. I couldn't just leave them to make a mess of things. No one argued about it.

"Someone get me some cold wet towels." I demanded.

I heard the door open, someone listening to my request and getting some towels.

Rustling through the first aid kit, I couldn't find what I was looking for. Where's the Med-X? It's going to be a lot less painful with that painkiller. Even I have it in my first aid kit and boy, did it cost a lot.

I sighed realising I had no choice but to do this without it.

I looked at Zach, "Hey Zach," I smiled as I used a little purified water to clean the wound. "Ready for the antiseptic?" I pulled out a bottle from the first aid kit and poured some strong smelling antiseptic on a clean towel.