17. Red Royal Raid

Start from the beginning

"Natsuki! Remember to practice your english in front of my dear Poppy." I forgot they had not realised I could speak Japanese while Reina reminds Natsuki to speak in English, around me.

I giggle, "It's quite alright, Reina. I am quite happy with Natsuki to speak in Japanese to and around me." I say to Reina in Japanese, indicating that I have learnt their language and it is fine for Natsuki to speak her native tongue. The men grow quiet and Reina gasps once they hear me speak.

"You are just full of surprises, Poppy!" Yuko says in amazement, his wife nods beside him, profusely. I smile brightly at them before nodding my head in thanks, just as Natsuki lays her delicate fingers in my hand and slowly walks me back to the entrance of the library.

The others follow in silence as Natsuki points to the various rooms of the house, showing me her favourite movie, favourite cookies in the kitchen and other ornaments the sweetheart admires. It's fantasising just watching as she explains minor details of her day, but as an innocent free child, they already mean the most to her.

When her two older brothers, Itsuki and Kaito Jerusalem after her once she releases my hand from her relatively smooth grip, to chase after one of her Japanese Spitz breeds.

Hideyoshi stays behind me, silent and still, but he follows as I walk around the garden full of varies Lillies and dark purple Orchids.

"That's a Laelia, it is imported specifically from Mexico, considering that is where the flower originated from." The richness in his smooth tone was rather enlightening, not deep, but masculine all the same. It would send any girl over the edge just to hear his voice. I don't turn to look at him, but rather tip the petal of the flower to have a better look.

"It's beautiful. Do you normally spend your spare time under the interest of various species of flower, though you do seem to have an eye for art?" I comment, stepping forward and moving on to the next flower.

He clears his throat, "Indeed, I do. I may have adapted that particular feature from Mother, weirdly enough, I like how they allure one so innocent with colour. It's a natural remedy just by sight alone, don't you agree?"

I nod in understanding, "Indeed. They do portray a warm welcome to the humble home."

I glance up at him, when I notice his footsteps no longer match my own from behind. He reaches out a pale hand to one of the violet orchids, plucks it skilfully and casually steps towards me. One hand holding the orchid, and another in his suit pocket.

"A beautiful Odonto-glossum for a blossoming beauty, such as yourself, Miss Parker." He slips out from those smooth lips, I raise on eyebrow at his obvious flirtatious ways. I smile at him, nonetheless, and accept his gift. His brown eyes show small speckles of golden tarnish his cider coloured irises.

His siblings return not too long after we gaze around the terrace. They follow along and remain quiet while the birds and bees fill the air with their own rhythmic pattern, their own language.

"My lovely Poppy, I had not realised you knew how to speak Japanese so extensively?" Hideyoshi's deep voice resonates behind me inJapanese, he gazes down at me from his six foot four height, still slightly taller than Maximus. He's grown, quite handsomely as well.

I give him a light smile as he asks how much of their native tongue do I understand, I roll my eyes at the last part, 'lovely Poppy'. What an endearment! Though the first was far more flattering.