Reading FBAWTFT

Now. People love to obsess over the last sentence of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. As we all know it says:

Now retired, he lives in Dorset with his wife Porpentina and their pet Kneazles: Hoppy, Milly and Mauler.

I'll agree. It's really the best sentence in the book. It gives us hope that one day Newt and Tina will be together, and not just together, actually married.

However, today I was reading the "Forward" and I realized that there are several things in this chapter that really are . . . just, yeah. Here's my reaction to several parts of the forward.

Firstly, this was just something that made me laugh:

An interest in magical beasts was considered dangerous and suspect, and taking a case full of such creatures into a major city was, in retrospect, a serious mistake.

When I read that, my first reaction was, "I hope Tina whacked him over the head after he wrote that." I mean, if he hadn't gone to New York, they never would have met.

Anyway, here comes the best part.

Just . . . I'm at a loss for words. Just read this line:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was a labour of love in more ways than one.

I read that today and I died. I mean . . . Okay, just read it again:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was a labour of love in more ways than one.

I mean, "more ways than one". Obviously, one way would be the love for his creatures because we all know he loves his creatures. But when I just read that I realized that the other way would be Tina. I died. I mean . . . AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Also, if you read the next sentence:

As I look back over this early book, I relive memories that are etched on every page, though invisible to the reader.

I love how he's talking about those memories which I can only assume are about times he had with his friends/family . . . mainly Tina. It makes me die. It's so sweet!

Okay, I'm done.

Anyway, I was watching CoG the other day and I was thinking that it might be interesting to write a chapter when I'm watching FBAWTFT and/or CoG and writing out a few of my reactions and some of the random things I notice as I watch. What do you think?

Have a good day!

Bye!

Written July 3, 2019.