HomeEc

Last semester I was in the group that took TechEd and I made that beautiful bookshelf (see "TechEd Project"). However, this year my group is taking HomeEc.

When we started the year, everyone was excited. We were told we were going to take one month to study a few things out of the book before spending the next three cooking. The month went by and we were still studying the book. We were missing class every Monday and not making much progress in the book. The next month passed and everyone was getting restless. The third month went by and everyone was frustrated. They wanted to start cooking.

Eventually, one of my friends was so frustrated that she was telling me that she was so tired of the class that she didn't even want to cook anymore.

We had a two-week break for Easter and another holiday. When we got back, our teacher had left. I'm not sure why she's gone but she is. She was replaced by the newest member of staff who literally came February 1st. She works in the cafe so it makes sense for her to teach us how to cook.

The first day of class, she had us clear out the cupboards and take inventory of what was there. We cleaned out the cupboards and put everything away.

The second day, we cut out circles from black felt and strips from different color felt. 

The third day, we kneaded bread dough and braided it. We got our bread in the evening and it was quite good.

On the fourth day, we rolled the strips of felt into circles.

The fifth day was the best. We continued rolling felt. However, since that doesn't take much thought . . . and since everyone in HomeEc is in Chorale . . . we started singing Chorale songs. Whenever we started a song we would struggle to find a key the Sopranoes could sing but eventually, we managed to get it right and we all stayed late so we could finish singing "Baba Yetu".

HomeEc is so much better now and we've only had six classes. Tomorrow we make pizza. Yay!

Anyway, have a good day!

Bye!

Written May 14, 2019.