Haircut

I had long hair when I was younger then, because I didn't take care of it, we cut it off at the beginning of my fifth-grade year. (I still have the hair from that haircut. I don't know why.) I cut it even shorter at the beginning of my sixth-grade year. However, I regretted it and decided to let it grow. I only had it trimmed and my last trim was in October 2014, I think. Then I let it grow until my Sophomore year when I got it trimmed at the beginning of 2017. This picture was taken in 2017 before my hair was trimmed (and about a week before I got my glasses).

 This picture was taken in 2017 before my hair was trimmed (and about a week before I got my glasses)

(I didn't know my picture was being taken. I was having a conversation with my best friend and I was kinda annoyed and miserable, hence the expression on my face. My former 7th and 8th-grade teacher was in the car and had taken my camera which was in there and was taking my picture. I don't really like having my picture taken so there are a number of kinda amusing pictures of me trying to hide behind my friend.)

Anyway, later that year (actually it was the Friday of graduation) I got a proper trim from my friend (the one I cut out of the picture above) and we cut off about six inches so my hair was in the middle of my back. One of my classmates noticed that evening and was acting all mad because I had cut my hair.

I didn't have scissors touching my hair until November 10, 2017, when I decided to cut my hair short. This was during my Junior year. That day, I cut off the braid I had kept in my hair since the second sem of my eighth grade. (It wasn't the exact braid because I had to redo it every time it got messy.) It was a braid right behind my right ear, like a Padawan braid in Star Wars. (I still have one, it's just much shorter.) I still have the braid I cut off. It can give you a decent idea of how much hair I cut off.

I went to the hairdressers and got all my hair chopped off

I went to the hairdressers and got all my hair chopped off. The hairdresser did it in a really annoying way though. Instead of just chopping it off like he had done the first time he had cut my hair off (he was the same person who had cut my hair in fifth-grade) he decided to cut it section by section and I had to piece it all together. I was going to donate the braid but I forgot to take it with me when I went to the US so I still have it. I don't have a picture of me after it was cut.

Funny story about the first time I cut my hair. The classmate I mentioned before, the one who complained about my small haircut, was coming towards my house when we were just getting home. She had 'threatened' to kill me if I ever cut my hair and I hadn't told her I was going to do it. She and another one of my classmates (who I've been classmates with since kindergarten and friends with since I was 3) came and my brother opened the door for them. I stood behind him with my hair behind my shoulders so you couldn't actually see how short it was. I said hi and shook my head, letting my hair come over my shoulders. The first classmate freaked out and tried to open the door to get me so I ran away. I came back and I was laughing so hard because my second classmate was just shaking her hair and saying 'your luscious waterfall of hair' over and over again in disbelieve. (She had used to describe my hair as a luscious waterfall.) Everyone kept asking why I cut my hair and my reason was 'because I wanted to'. Then there were all the other people, including some who had 'threatened' to kill me if I cut my hair, who didn't even notice my hair was cut until I mentioned it.

Today I got another haircut. We went to a different place than normal and I was complaining and saying that I didn't want a different person cutting my hair. The thing is, I've had about four haircuts since I first cut it short and none of them were from the same person. There was the one man who cut my hair short and annoyed me because of the way he did it, then there was a different man, then a different man, then a woman, and then a different man at a different place. 

This is a picture of me after my haircut today. I was waiting in the car for my dad and brother who were buying my brother shoes. I don't usually take selfies but this was for my friend (the same one from above) since she moved after my Sophomore year. I've got on my Harry Potter hat though.

 I've got on my Harry Potter hat though

Yay! I like my hair short better. I've got a lot of friends who don't approve though.