Because he's my hero

Start from the beginning

"No I'm sorry Patton, hanging out this weekend sounds lovely." Said Logan quickly when he noticed my change in behavior.

"Great!" I said happily. "We can go to my house after school on Friday."

"Sounds like a plan." Agreed Logan.

"Okay, see you at lunch Logie!" I said and hugged him tightly. Logan returned the hug and than pulled away to head to class.

I blushed a bit as I watched Logan walk away. I turned and skipped giddily down the hall, looking forward to Friday. Only two days until I get to have my crush over to hang out! This will either go amazing or horribly wrong.

Roman POV
I opened my eyes slowly. Sunlight was flickering into my bedroom. I turned to the clock to see that it was 7:48 am.

Than I became aware of something pressed against my back. I turned around to see Virgil laying there, still asleep.

I smiled and felt a blush come to my face. He was wearing his pajamas he brought. A baggy black shirt with some band called Sleeping with Sirens and purple and black flannel print pajama pants.

Usually I sleep in my pair of red boxers but I threw on my old Dear Even Hansen shirt so Virgil wouldn't be uncomfortable.

He was curled up with his knees up to his chest and he was also pressed up against my back despite how big my bed was. I wondered how that position could be comfortable.

I turned onto my side to face him and placed my arm under my head. I reached over and brushed the hair off his face.

There was a large bruise on the right side of his forehead. I gently ran my fingers over it wishing in never happened. At this point I wasn't even sure if this bruise was from Jackson or his dad.

I jumped a bit as my phone buzzed on my nightstand. I sighed and turned back over to grab it. There as a text from Patton.

Patton🐶 - Hi Roman, it's Patton! Just checking in on you I haven't seen you or Virgil today

Me - Sorry Pat!  We're both staying home today

Patton🐶 - Oh okay did something happen?

Me - Just some family stuff at Virgil's'

Patton🐶 - Oh tell him I'm sorry 💙

Me - Can't He's asleep

Patton🐶 - And you know that how???? 😏

Me - Pls don't make a big deal out of it but yes Virgil spent the night at my house and he's currently curled up against me in the most adorable way and omg he's so precious

Patton🐶 - Ahhhhhh!!!! Omgosh I ship it so much!!💜❤️

Me - Fml 😂 there goes my dignity

Patton🐶 - Language!

Me - Sorry, but I'm going back to sleep see ya tomorrow

Patton🐶 - Okay byeeee

I could tell my face was bright red once I sat my phone back down. Of course Patton ships me and Virgil. I turned back over and placed my arm around him and pulled him against my chest.

But of course now I was wide awake and didn't feel like sleeping. I let out a sigh. Both Mom and Dad would have already left for work, and I can't cook so I can't get up and make us breakfast.

I should probably get a shower. But I also didn't want to get out of the warm bed and leave Virgil by himself. But I need to shower.

I sighed but moved away from Virgil. I got up and out of bed. I grabbed the towel off the bathroom door and headed into my bathroom.

-•-

The sound of running water pulled me out of my sleep. I opened my eyes but felt like I was being blinded.

I shot upwards, feeling my anxiety rise as I realized that I was not in my room. This isn't my bed.

Than I remember everything that happened yesterday. Loosing my fucking mind in the dark cold basement after being locked down there. Roman rescuing me and bringing me to his house to stay here for the night.

Luna jumped up onto the bed and rubbed up against my arm while purring. The vibrations from her purring were calming me down.

But where's Roman? I looked over to a door where the sound of running water was coming from. A bit of steam was coming out from underneath the door. He must be taking a shower.

I sighed but jumped a little when I heard the water shut off.  I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, I wanted to quickly lay back down and pretend to be asleep but I froze.

The door opened and Roman stepped out in nothing but a towel around his waist. Fuck. We made eye contact and we both turned bright red.

Shit shit shit abort abort fuck

"Like what you see Virge?" Asked Roman with a smirk, leaning against the door frame.

"Sh-Shut up." I mumbled, looking everywhere except Roman.

"Well than why are you bright red like a tomato?" Roman asked while stalking over to the bed.

"Fuck off Princey." I said, throwing a pillow at him. He stopped the pillow from hitting his face and chucked it back at me.

"Let me just grab some clothes." He laughed. He walked over to his dresser, dug around in it and went back to the bathroom.

When he got dressed in grey sweatpants and a Be More Chill shirt.  He jumped on the bed next to me, causing me to jump a bit. 

"Sorry."  He mumbled offhandedly. 

"It's okay."  I mumbled back. 

We sat next to each other on the bed switching back and forth between watching Disney movies and horror movies.  We basically lived off leftover pizza and cookies all day.  It was a good day.