Here He Comes to Save the Day!

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Could you just come get me, please?" Peter whispers to keep Flash from hearing his plea.

"Hang tight." With that, Happy hangs up. MJ's parents arrive and Principal Morita allows her to leave with a first warning. Flash and Peter, on the other hand, stay behind. Ned had to go back to class, leaving the two of them alone with matching ice packs and an empty chair between them. It takes Happy another ten minutes to arrive, probably due to lunchtime traffic, but someone...unexpected walks through the doors instead. Designer glasses and all, Tony walks into the school. His posture is stiff and he straightens out his suit cuffs. Peter almost drops his ice pack in surprise when he sees the man. Tony's eyes land on Peter before looking to the ice pack, then to Flash. He's the one who somehow managed to get Peter, the nicest kid I've ever met, to fight him, Tony's mind practically screams at him. Flash looks like he's about to faint out of pure shock, opening his mouth but no words coming out. Once Tony's eyes locks onto Flash, he starts approaching him with a frightening determination. Peter jumps up from his seat, dropping his ice pack in the process, and rushes to block his mentor's path.

"No no no no no!" He pushes on Tony's chest when the man tries to get past him. Tony's jaw is set and his face is firm with a mix of anger and internal struggle.

"You're right, you're right," he backs off but keeps his hard eyes on Flash, "it's morally wrong to beat up a kid," he mutters.

"Uh, yeah. If that's what convinces you, then yeah." Peter quickly nods.

"Touch my kid again and I'll make your life a living hell. Got it?" Tony manages to keep his composure, but puts every ounce of venom into his words that he can. Peter tries to calm himself at the words. My kid, my kid, my kid, m-

"Yes sir," Flash squeaks. Tony turns his attention back to Peter. He tilts the kid's chin to get a better look at his cheek. Someone punched him and you weren't there.

"You alright?" he questions, inspecting Peter's face.

"Yep. Peachy," Peter answers sarcastically, but nods and avoids eye contact.

"Where's your principal?"

"In his office?" Where else would he be?  Peter wonders. Tony then marches straight into the office. Not wanting to stay alone with Flash, Peter quickly follows him.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting to see you here, Mr. Stark." Principal Morita's eyes widen slightly, but he doesn't show much else.

"Wasn't expecting to be here. So, what kind of punishment are we talking? Suspension? Expulsion?" Tony inquires with a touch of heat.

"Mr. Stark!" Peter shouts in disbelief. Tony looks back to him and shrugs his shoulders as if he hasn't just suggested to ruin a kid's academic career.

"Proper repercussions are being enforced, I assure you. This isn't Eugene's first offense, though it is his first time getting physical. Mostly likely a suspension for the rest of the week," Mr. Morita informs simply.

"Not long enough, if you ask me." Tony's voice is tense. Peter quickly grabs onto his blazer sleeve until Tony looks down at him. Peter deliberately takes a slow, deep breath and stares at him with pleading eyes. Tony's face softens ever so slightly, but remains stoic. He slowly turns back to Mr. Morita. "Thank you," he says slowly. He pats Peter's back and ushers them out the door. Peter keeps his head down as they leave out the front doors and walks to the car. Instantly, Peter notices that Happy isn't even in the car.

"Where's Happy?" he asks as they get in the car.

"I drove," Tony murmurs. Oh. Peter sets the ice pack down, since he doesn't actually need it, and watches as Tony starts to drive. Tony is visibly more relaxed, but his knuckles are white from gripping the steering wheel. Peter is about to break the silence when Tony runs the stop sign before leaving campus. Then, he immediately runs a yellow light that turns red while they're halfway through the intersection.