Veintiuno

AN: Sorry for taking so long to update. I've been in a bad state of mind, but I'm back and inspired! Updated should be stable from now on, fear no more. : )

I woke up alone, cold sweat running down my neck

I woke up alone, cold sweat running down my neck. "Wake the fuck up!" Benny tried to get me to sit up and face him, through my blurry vision I could see concern etched into his face. It had been three days since Sandra had disappeared. The first night I didn't sleep, I stayed anxiously waiting at the police station hoping they had tracked her down.

Nothing.

They had found absolutely nothing. It's like she didn't exist anymore.

"You can't keep doing this man." His sounded drained, I pitied him for having to deal with me. The only way I could cope was to drink my way through the day in the hope that the intoxication could make me pass out. I was desperate to sleep.

When I fell asleep I dreamt of her.

"Peter you're killing yourself!" My arm stung as he smacked it, the hard smack was the only sound that followed after he shouted. I had no energy to talk, much less to argue. I felt void of any emotion other than sadness, I was empty inside.

I thought Benny had given up when I heard him walk out of the room. My eyes closed and my face dug deeper into my pillows. Not even a minute passed before I was drenched in icy water. All I could do was gasp and shiver, I hadn't expected him to do that.

Before I knew it, Benny was dragging me across the room. I was too weak and confused to pull out of his grasp. When I realized what he planned to do I let out a groan. "Leave me the fuck alone!" I didn't realize I was crying while in the shower. My shorts were drenched and so were my socks. The water was icy, it numbed my skin as time lapsed. When I finally saw my reflection I flinched. I looked like I had been resurrected.

"You need to get a grip if you want to find her. Be the man she needs!" I felt like the biggest bitch as Benny spewed the truth out. Instead of hunting her down I was in bed wallowing in self-pity.

The shower was turned off once I composed myself, a warm towel was tossed soon after. "Get dressed while I cook. We're leaving in as soon as you eat. I sat in the shower in silence. Benny was right, I needed to find her and kill whoever the fuck Steven is.

---

"Fuck that! I'm not asking that dick for shit." Benny scoffed at my reluctance.

"Stop being a little bitch, this isn't about you or your pride. Daniel has connections he can help us find her." I bowed my head with the realization. We were headed to the frat house, much to my dismay. I hoped since Emma had cleared things, Daniel would consider helping. I didn't want to beg the bastard.

With a clenched jaw and tight fists hidden in my pockets, I stood at the door with Benny beside me. Andre was the one to open the door, he looked confused and flat out disgusted with the sight of me. Even though I had showered and eaten, I knew I looked like complete shit because my hair was disheveled, and my eyes were bloodshot.