Chapter 11: Calvary Battle Team Settling

Midnight: Izuku Midoriya and Y/N L/N, who both tied for first in the qualifier, is worth twenty million points!

Midnight announced this to everyone once more as the students were discussing their gameplans.

Y/N: I swear, school is torture, no matter what kind it is...

Midnight: Now then, I'll explain the rules of the calvary battle. The time limit is 15 minutes. Each time is worth the total of its members points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, so try to keep as many points as you can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, you're not out!

Momo: Which means...

Sato: Since there are 42 people, there'll be ten or twelve teams on the field the whole time?

Aoyama: That's tough...

Mina: One strategy could be to let someone take your points first so you'll be more free.

Tsu: It's hard to say without seeing how the points end up getting split up, Mina.

Midnight: During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks. But it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! If it happens many times, you'll be removed immediately.

Bakugo, of course, scoffed and looked away displeased.

The screen then displayed a fifteen-minute timer to everyone.

Midnight: Now you have fifteen minutes to build your team. START!!!

Everyone was surprised by the sudden action and quickly began to form their teams.

Midoriya: Points don't really matter in my case. As expected, people are teaming up with their classmates, huh? Since no one has a good grasp of what quirks those in the other class have...I need to do something quickly, too.

Midoriya then looked all around himself.

Midoriya: About the current state where everyone's totally avoiding me!

Uraraka: Hey, Deku! Let's be a team together!

Midoriya turned to see Uraraka running towards him as he had a shocked expression with a few tears coming out.

Midoriya: Uraraka! I-Is it really ok with you? Everyone will probably be after me with my 10 million points, you know?

Uraraka: If we run away the whole time, then you'll win right?

Midoriya: I-I think you're overestimating me, Uraraka...

Uraraka: Like I would! It's better to team up with people that you know and get along with!

She said this with a bright smile on her face as Midoriya now had an ugly look on his face.

Uraraka: Hey, what's the matter? You look ugly...

Midoriya: Oh, n-nothing. It's just that it's so bright that I can't see that well. In fact, I actually wanted to team up with you as well. For teams, it's best to be with people that you can communicate smoothly with, right?

Uraraka smiled at this and nodded.

Midoriya: Actually, with your quirk and one other person, I've thought of a plan! Iida!

The two ran over to Iida as the three of them huddled.

Midoriya: The three of us would be a horse with Iida in the front, then if we used Uraraka's quirk to make me lighter, we'd be able to maneuver around easier.