23.

You had been back in Busan for a year, now fully moved into your second home with Jungkook, this one considerably larger, a house with a yard for Jungkook's dog, who was now yours too. There were two spare bedrooms for whenever a pack member decided to stay over, something that happened a lot more often than you thought it would.

 Jungkook's herb plant, that you'd now learned was mint, was flourishing, now planted in the yard, along with a few other herbs. He said he'd planted them purely because his nose was sensitive and he was a sucker for natural scents, such as herbs, but you knew a part of him just enjoyed the peace that came with gardening. You had fully decorated your home together, giving it a modern look, all black and white with just a few pops of colour. It was home, your home with him.

You came home one day to see rose petals on the floor, making your brow furrow. You remembered Jungkook surprising you with roses after you'd gotten the promotion you'd been hoping for, just a day or two ago. Your first thought was that the dog had somehow gotten to them, you wouldn't put it past a Jeon to be able to do the impossible and get the roses out without breaking the vase. You were ready to find him and scold him but instead, you found more petals in the hallway, leading up the stairs.

 Again, being a Jeon, you wouldn't find it impossible if your dog had become smart enough to leave trails of roses places but it all looked too neat, too in line. There were also too many rose petals to be from just twelve, ranging from red to pink to white, while the ones Jungkook had given you were just red. It led you to the wolf calendar you had bought for Jungkook, finding the pun hilarious while he'd only rolled his eyes and hung it up on the wall, the date circled in red with a scribbled "third anniversary" written underneath it. You couldn't help but smile, taking your jacket off and running to the bedroom to find Jungkook.

"You remembered." you nearly cooed, taking a few moments to appreciate the view of your boyfriend in the simplest outfit in the world that he made look amazing, pyjama pants and a baggy hoodie. "Why aren't you dressed? We always go somewhere, I thought we were gonna go to that one restaurant you've been dying to try out."

"I thought we could have a night in, we went out for the last two. I ordered our take out, it just got here, I was setting it up. You go get changed and I'll finish this up."

You were too quick to pull out one of Jungkook's hoodies, one he'd declared yours after having you wear it so often, changing out of your work clothes. You laughed at the rose petals arranged in a heart on the bed, one intact rose in the middle.

"You're the cutest." you cooed again, kissing his cheek a few times.

You had to admit he'd been onto something when he'd suggested staying in, getting into comfortable clothes and eating your favourite junk food together. No having to dress up, no going out to fancy restaurants, although you did enjoy that too there was just something special about this. It was intimate, it felt like home. You were held in his arms, your Harry Potter marathon continuing on, currently on the fourth movie. You had your blankets, your pillows, your bed relaxing all of your sore muscles after a long day. You had Jungkook paying more attention to you than the movie, mumbling sweet nothings into your ear and further confirming he was still a little lovesick puppy but you were soaking up the attention.

As the movie ended, you mumbled something about taking the dishes downstairs and making the popcorn for the fifth movie, getting a noise of agreement as Jungkook set it up. You went back upstairs to see the roses rearranged onto the now smoothed down sheets, a small wooden box in the middle of them.

"We agreed on no presents," you complained, setting the bowl down on the nightstand.

"And? You got me one too."

You grumbled in his direction because damn it, he was right. You pulled your present to him out from underneath the bed, setting it down in the middle of the rose petals.

"Do I get to at least open mine first?" you teased, already reaching for it.

Inside you found a Polaroid photo of the two of you, one you'd taken on Jungkook's most recent birthday. You smiled at it softly, taking a moment to admire the way he looked at you, happiness and love clear in his eyes. That would've been to make you cry, seeing a photo that showed just a fraction of how much he loved you, but then you lifted it up and saw a small velvet box underneath it. Logically, it could be anything.

 A charm, earrings, a promise ring. But you knew Jungkook and he wasn't the type to beat around the bushes when he wanted something and as you lifted the lid of the box to see what was easily the most beautiful ring you'd ever seen in your life, you knew exactly what he wanted.

"Yes," you answered as his mouth was opening, seeing his brow instantly furrow.

"Wait, what?"

"Yes. Do you want it another language because I'll say it in every language I know."

"But I didn't get to ask." He laughed, already pulling you into his arms. "Will you marry me?"

"You already know I will, a million times over."

At the feeling of the ring being slid onto your finger, you felt tears begin to roll down your cheeks, unable to comprehend that it was all really happening. You were marrying him, you would be a Jeon, you would spend the rest of your life with him as your husband. He wasn't your boyfriend anymore, he wasn't just the boy you sat next to in class with the pretty brown eyes and the cutest smile you'd ever seen in your life, he was your fiance, your soon to be husband. 

You could easily picture it as you felt his forehead rest against yours, his smile just as wide as yours. You could easily see yourself spending your life with him, growing old together with dogs and grandchildren running around you, with the pack all around you. And now you would be able to have all of that while also having a ring around your finger.