2.

"He's not in your territory though, is he? He's in ours. That means we decide the punishment." His sword was still held in his hand, the silver glinting in the moonlight, getting too close to the boy's leg for your comfort.

You knew it was all bluff, that your partner wasn't dumb enough to piss off the Alpha so strongly, to kill one of his own directly in front of him. But you also knew he wasn't thinking rationally, his chest puffing out a bit too much. He was growing overly cocky, the same way those werewolves had. He had the technical upper hand in the situation and he wanted to rub it in their faces.

"He's fifteen. He hasn't even started his shifts yet, he's hardly a monster. Let him go."

As the leader spoke, you heard the boy whimper, drawing your attention to the sword pressing to his leg, a silent threat from your partner. It was like a game of chicken, who would break first. Would the Alpha call his bluff and risk one of his youngest pack members losing his leg or would your partner take the hidden warning in the leader's glare seriously and back away? You didn't truly want to find out, tossing your own sheathed sword aside in an attempt to seem as non-threatening as possible.

"Let him go." you agreed, running from your hiding spot to move your partner's sword away from the boy's leg. "The last thing you want to try to do on a full moon is cut a poor boy's leg off in front of his Alpha. You'd be dead before you could get a swing in and you know it."

You only received a look that told you-you would be in trouble when you got back to your own leader but you shrugged it off, a victorious smile forming on your face when you heard his sword slide back into its sheath. You knelt down, using a flashlight as you attempted to help the boy get loose. 

You could hear the rapid breaths escaping his mouth, the slight tremble in his leg when your fingers grabbed onto it to pull it out of the trap, hearing the sharp intake of breath when you grabbed too tightly. You did your best to avoid looking at his leg, not wanting to see the damage you knew would be healed by the time he got home.

"Are you okay?" you asked, helping him hold his leg away from the dirt and letting him use your shoulders as a crutch as he limped towards his leader.

"He will be." his leader promised, taking him from your grip and giving the boy one final glare before returning his attention to you. "Thank you."

You watched as the Alpha picked the boy up as if he weighed nothing, a few more figures walking up from behind him, inspecting the boy's injuries before they all walked away together. You started the walk back home, bracing yourself for the lectures you would receive for disobeying orders, for helping a werewolf, even if his Alpha was right there to protect him if you had done anything else.

"You know you're dead when we get back, right?"

"Yep."

"And you know the whole point of being a werewolf hunter is actually hunting the werewolf."

"Yep."

"Great."