Time to panic and/or cry

Comenzar desde el principio

Roman didn't say anything else. He walked away. Patton looked over at me a worried expression on his face.

"I'm sure he's fine." I told him before he could say anything.

"But what if Roman's right and something wrong?" He asked.

"If something was wrong, Virgil would have gotten in touch with someone. He's most likely just sick. There is no need to fret over something that is most likely not going to be a big deal." I said as comfortingly as possible.

Before Patton could say anything else, the office receptionist walked up to us. She had a forced smile on her face as she looked between the two of us.

"Which one of you is Patton Emerson?" She asked.

"I am." Said Patton, stepping towards her.

"Okay, good I'm going to need you to come with me." She said, heading back in the direction of the office.

"Am I in trouble?" Patton asked. The lady stopped and turned back to us with a smile.

"No, but you had signed up to show new students around and we have a new student that needs to be shown around." She said in a matter-of-fact kind of way.

"Oh okay." Patton chirped. He turned and gave me a big hug. I hugged him back gently.

"See you at lunch." I told him when he let go.

"Byeeeee Logan!" Patton said as he followed the receptionist down the hall. I waved to him and turned to head to my first period class.

-•-

Patton POV
I followed the receptionist into the office. She sat down at her desk and motioned to a student sitting in one of the chairs across from her.

I turned to see someone who kinda looked like a yellow and black version of Virgil, instead of purple and black.

He had dark brown hair with neon yellow highlights. He had on black skinny jeans, a black Nirvana shirt with the yellow smiley face. He had a leather jacket despite it being very hot and sunny out. He had a black beanie with the word 'lies' stitched sloppily into the side of it in yellow. He had combat boots that looked eerily similar to Virgil's.

"Hi I'm Patton Emerson!" I said in a voice as cheery as possible. I smiled brightly and held my hand out to him.

He stood up and looked down at me. He had a few good inches on me. He looked me up and down, keeping a neutral face.

I was wearing a baby pink shirt, a light blue pair of overalls and my bubblegum pink converse. I hopped he liked me, despite how different we seemed to he.

"Damian Fey." He said with a smirk. He shook my hand. I nodded. He seemed kinda emotionless like Logan, but at the same time super angsty like Virgil.

"Come on, I'll show you around." I said with another smile. I waved to the receptionist and led the way into the main hallway.

"What grade are you in?" I asked.

"Senior." He answered. I couldn't stop the little gasp. He glared over at me.

"Why are you switching schools your senior year?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Got kicked out of my old school." He said. I looked over at him sympathetically, only to notice a giant yellow snake patch on the back of his jacket.

"If you don't mind me asking," I said awkwardly. "Why?"

"Skipped classes to many times and than spray painted a giant snake choking the school mascot on the front of the school." He answered with a laugh.

"Oh." I said, unsure of how to react to that.

"I can tell your not like me at all." He said. I shook my head and laughed a little.

"No we're not." I said with a small laugh.

"Listen sunflower, you don't have to show me around." He told me. "I won't be around long enough for that."

"What do you mean?" I asked, starting to get worried for him.

"I already plan on skipping a bunch here. Besides, don't have much longer till my parents ship me off to some expensive military school." He said, laughing awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine sunflower." He said slowly, looking at the ground.

"Why do you keep calling me sunflower?" I asked.

"Habit, sorry. I like to call people nicknames." He mumbled.

"It's fine, I like the nickname." I said with a smile. He seemed to blush a little, but he quickly looked at the ground before I could be sure.

"Come on, I won't have you skipping class." I told him. "We're gonna be friends, so I'm gonna look out for you."

"Friends?" He asked, seeming to be shocked.

"Of course silly!" I said with a laugh. I headed down the hallway and beckoned for him to follow. "Now I have to finish this tour or we'll get in trouble."

-•-

Roman's POV
I sighed, restlessly tapping my fingers on the edge of my desk. I haven't seen Virgil all day and the anxiety has been gnawing on me all day.

I stared at the clock, willing it to turn to 3. I need this day to be over so I can get over to Virgil's house and check on him.

I've been texting and calling him repeatedly all day, but now answer. He hasn't even been reading the texts. A part of me worried that I overstepped yesterday when I kissed him on the cheek and now he was avoiding me.

I just about jumped of of my seat and ran for my locker when the bell rang. I quickly grabbed homework materials and beelined for the main doors.

I waved as I passed Logan and Patton. Patton smiled at me, but I could sense they were as fearful as I was considering none of us have seen the emo all day.

I quickly jumped into my car and shoved all my stuff into the passenger seat. I reached for my phone to see if Virgil had texted. Still no response.

My hands were shaking slightly as I started my car. Without speeding, I quickly drove over to Virgil's house.

I don't know why I'm panicking over this. Maybe I'm worried I'll never get to see his adorable face ever again. Maybe I'm absolutely fucking terrified that he's hurt or dead and I couldn't save him. I needed to know he was okay. Why am I freaking out so much over someone I've only been friends with for a week?!

My thoughts were racing as I pulled into his driveway. I took deep breaths and calmed myself as I turned off the car.

I calmed down and got out of the car. I took another deep breath and headed up to the front door. I knocked, expecting a sick Virgil to answer the door.

There was no answer for a while. I knocked again, this time a little louder. I heard the door unlocking and relief washed over me.

But instead of Virgil, I was greeted by Virgil's Mom. She looked at me, and luckily her eyes seemed fairly clear this time around. She pushed the door open.

"Roman right?" She asked.

"Yes." I said. "Is Virgil here?"

"Virgil?" She said, a spacey look coming back to her eyes. Than they cleared. She opened the door and pulled me inside the house.

My eyes widened a bit as I took in the scene of the living room. Beer and wine bottles were littered everywhere. It was an absolute mess in here. Shattered glass covered areas around the walls.

"Henry's at work right now." She said quickly. "Get Virgil out of here for the night. So Henry can calm down."

"Where's Virgil?" I asked again. She handed me a pair of keys.

"He's in the basement." She said, sending chills through me.