Be Still Part 14

Note: This is a direct continuation of the last chapter.

--

Colby looks up to see Brennen placing a glass of water on the coffee table in front of him. His arms wrapped around his legs, his eyes still red and puffy from crying. Part of him still feels like crying, but the tears refuse to fall. Perhaps it was because he was exhausted.

"So you wanna talk about it?" Brennen offers, as he takes a seat next to Colby.

Colby reaches for the glass, cradling it between his hands, letting his legs drop from the couch. He stares at the water, avoiding Brennen's gaze. He feels both defeated and angry, at Brennen, at himself.

"So this was some kind of booty call? You... you said you needed someone to talk too..." Colby's breath hitches and he needs to take a moment.

"I did... I do... But then I called you and I kept thinking about us..." Brennen reaches over to rest his hand on Colby's thigh.

"Us?" He lets out a dry laugh, shifting uncomfortably, "There was never an 'us'... Brennen, you made that clear. You got a girlfriend and we never talked about it again, how was there an us." 

Colby is clearly upset, and he wants nothing more then to scream at Brennen. Let out every single frustration he felt at that second, but he holds it back. He has to, he has to keep some kind of control over himself.

"Bro, you never acted like you wanted it to be anything more." Brennen says back, clearly defensive. "Aside from the brobly stuff in our videos, you never like held my hand or kissed me outside of my apartment. I just... figured it wasn't that deep."

Colby licks at his bottom lip, followed by teeth coming down to graze over the soft flesh for a momnet. So, it was his fault, if he had said something then things might have turned out different between them. But if he did, then he wouldn't have Jake.

"You didn't either!" Colby shoots back, turning to look at Brennen, "I mean.... you just seemed so normal outside of... when we messed around. You never acted like you wanted to do things. I was always the one to initiate it, to make time, or suggest it."

"You got me there, okay? We're both pretty shit at expressing our feelings. I can admit that." Brennen says with a little smile, "... I just don't get why you're so mad, why you started crying when I kissed you."

Colby paused, "It just brought up a lot of feelings I wasn't prepared to deal with. I mean, I wasn't expecting the kiss, I thought you still had a girlfriend. And it's like 3 in the morning and I haven't slept yet..." He sets the glass down to adjust his hair.

When he does that Brennen, shift his hand on Colby's thigh and sits up so he could pull himself onto Colby's lap. Pushing him back into the couch, his hands on Colby's face, then chest as he leans in to kiss him.

"Then let me take care of you." Brennen hums in a low tone. "We can talk about it in the morning."

Colby presses his hands against his own chest between them, big blues wide with fear. He in that moment almost seems childlike. His mind was racing as was his heart. Those urges he felt come back ten fold, and part of him is lost to the lust for a few seconds. Those feels that washed over him so fast, the ones that caused him to do things impulsively with other people. He couldn't remember the last time he felt that feeling since he's been with Jake, only a couple times maybe and he had Jake to take care of him. 

But Jake stopped it, stopped those destructive urges. He made Colby better, right?

Blinking rapidly, Colby moves his hand up to press them to Brennen's chest so he could push him back. Making their lips part enough for Colby to speak in a quick, hurried tone.