One Long Night Part 13

Colby turns his phone over so he could see the time 1:15am, too late, yet too early. He sighs, his eyes flickering back to the screen of his laptop, the video he was editing seem blurry. He thinks for a moment that maybe it was actually the video footage, but it's not. His eyes were unfocused and now slipping closed without him even realizing it was happening. That would tell anyone that it was time for bed, though not him, he wanted to get this done so they could post in time. Since it was a video for Sam and Colby and not his personal channel.

It had been a rough two weeks since the hotel, in the sense that everything felt oddly normal, yet not. No one in the house really said anything aloud about him and Jake being together, yet they all kind of hinted things. Not that they were all together that much in those two weeks. Colby had gone away with Sam to film for their video, the one he was currently trying to edit. Then Corey had gone back home with Devyn for family matters. Then he got back but Aaron had to leave for one reason or another. It just seemed like the universe was against them, causing any and everything it could to stop the house meeting from happening.

Sure, they didn't really need to have it, but Colby wanted it as much as he didn't want it. He wanted it in the sense that he wanted to talk openly with them, finally just say it out loud and pray it didn't make things awkward. Yet he didn't want it to happen, because he would need to say all of these things out loud. When he was perfectly fine with just not saying it. 

Since it became easier to just do simple things with Jake, outside of their bedrooms. Them just getting to hold hands or cuddle while watching a movie, mostly when no one was around. But at least it wasn't strictly them keeping every moment in one of their rooms. Even if it did sometimes make him feel as if he were doing something bad, which almost felt good? He didn't know why. It was just close to the feelings he had when him and Sam did something illegal.

Thinking about it made Colby want to go to Jake's room, just curl up next to him and sleep. But he knows he probably shouldn't, Jake has been a bit irritable the past few days. Mostly from his sleeping schedule being off and tonight was one of those rare nights he was able to finally get some sleep. So he feels it is more important for Jake to get proper rest, than indulge in his own wants. Selfish wants.

Saving the project for the tenth time in a row, Colby runs his hands up and down over his face. Fingers pressing into his own hair to push it away from his forehead, feeling the slight bit of sweat as the air conditioner was broken yet again. Dropping his hands to the desk he blinks a few times to try and gain some kind of stability. Maybe he should just call it a night, or he could maybe chug a few energy drinks and power through.

Decisions, decisions.

Closing his laptop he stands and stretches out his long tired limbs, grabbing up his phone again to poke around on social media and see who might be awake. All seems quiet, for the most part. So Colby flops onto his bed and takes a selfie of him in the dark, and captions it something cryptic and funny. Enjoying the little spam of comments that come to the post within seconds, the few people still up and just getting up, seemed to equally as worried about him getting sleep. It was funny, and cute. It makes him smile.

He sets his phone to the side and ops for hitting up a 24 hour store nearby so he could find an energy drink. Though he is pretty sure that even doing that would just put him to sleep, he was willing to try. It's not like his brain would let him sleep anyway, even when his body was exhausted. His brain just wouldn't shut up, worry and anxiety and the constant fighting between his wants to just have fun and the pressure of it all weighing down on him. It drained him a lot of the time, making him feel so tired, all of the time.

Shaking off the thoughts he gets himself dressed slowly, black jeans and shoes and one of Jake's black sweater shirts. Moving quietly out of his room and into the bathroom to splash his face with some cold water before trying to fix his hair.