Late At Night ch1

It was late, too late, and the house was empty aside from Colby and Jake. And Colby figured Jake was asleep considering he had not heard much form him in the past few hours. He considers going to check but, it would seem he couldn't bring himself to move from where he was curled up on his bed. Prone to mood swings, switch not many knew about, since Sam or Brennen were normally there for him. They helped to settle his racing mind, to keep him from doing something stupid. Though right now he was alone, and all he could do was try and calm himself down. It wasn't working, and he couldn't sleep. His body felt hot, and his blunt finger nails dug into his own skin as he held himself. Not realizing he was crying until he felt the wet spot on his pillow when he moved his face to a new position.

The click of his door opening was only heard a split second before Jake was poking his head into Colby's room,

"Why are you making so much noise...oh."

Colby jumps up quickly, moving back to press his back against his headboard, looking at Jake for a momnet before his hands come up to wipe at his face. As if he were trying to hide his tears. Sniffling a bit too loudly as he brings his knees up to his chest.

"Hey..." Jake steps further into the room, he's only wearing boxer briefs and his long sleeved black and white stripped shirt. His face his puffy and tired looking, his hair generally in the direction it should be, but it was still a mess. "... are you okay?"

Colby licks at his lips, not really wanting to respond. Mostly because that would make the situation more real than he was ready for. He couldn't drag Jake into this, it would be selfish. though one would argue, that had not stopped him in the past with Sam and Brennen.

"I'm... fine..." Colby finally responds, his tone is low and shaky. Thankfully only a soft glow of a single light illuminated his bedroom. Hiding him mostly in darkness, even if he could even hear that he does not sound convincing.

Jake was a little surprised, normally Colby was good at masking his emotions. At least he never seem him so upset before. That thought was what made Jake step in just a bit more so he could close the door behind himself. Black painted fingers teasing at the lock as he leans back against the door.

"You don't sound fine, dude."

He says shaking his head a bit so he could move some of his bangs from his eyes. So they could scan over the other male, at least the little he could see with such little light. And Colby looks scared almost. Jake could see that, he could also see his hair was a mess, even pushed back from his forehead which was a rare sight. Not that he was one to talk. He could also see Colby was only wearing a baggy pair of basketball shorts. It makes him look down, happy the lack of light could hide his flushed cheeks. Sure he has seen Colby in just shorts but this was different, since it was night time and they were both in his bedroom. No cameras, no one else.

Colby's head jerks up a bit when he hears his bedroom door lock, blue eyes wide as they watch Jake walk over to his bed. His hands rubbing together, and he looks so shy and almost younger.

"You know, it's okay to like... not be fine." Jake says, moving to sit on the end of Colby's bed. Folded hands resting between his thighs as he tilts his head to look at his roommate.

Colby is still silent. His eyes watering up again, honestly feeling more scared than he looked. His mind space was not okay, and he just didn't want to hurt Jake, he didn't want to start something that could end their friendship. The back and forth in his mind was what was keeping him from responding. As one part wanted to pull Jake into himself and have him hold him. While the other was telling him to just kick him out.

His lower lips quivers, and Jake catches that. It makes his brows twitch with worry, unsure what he should even do right now.

"I guess... I can just go..." He offers, not sure if his company was wanted or not. And when silence follows he nods and moves to stand up, figuring he should give Colby some space.

He's not half way to the door when Colby finally speaks again.

"Please... don't go."

Jake paused and turned back to look at his friend. A beat passes before he walks back over to the bed, this time he climbs into it, moving to sit next to Colby. Bringing his knees up to his chest as well, resting his arms on his knees as he looked out to nothing. Letting their shoulders touch. It makes Colby shift lowering his legs as his head comes down to rest on Jake's shoulder. Another beat passes before Jake lowers his legs as well, leaning his head to rest against Colby's.

"You want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

"Cool."

Colby closes his eyes turning his head to press his face more into his shoulder. It smelled like him, it felt safe and warm and it made the anxiety within him subside slowly. Jack turns a little more to look at Colby but it doesn't work so his hand moves to seek out the other males. Fingers pass over his knuckles, Jake threads their fingers together. Holding his hand gently, he thought that might help and Colby didn't exactly stop him or let go of his hand so he just lets it be.

Time seems to go by slowly, both boys just sitting there, pressed against each other. Jack feels his eyes grow heavy, until they close. Comfortable enough to pass out, since the silence was deafening. Though Colby was far too awake, fully aware of Jake's slow rhythmic heartbeat. He can feel every slight shift from his breathing now and it made him swallow thickly.

Moving his head now, so his chin rests on Jake's shoulder. He can see his profile, as his head was dipped and his eyes were closed. His pouty lips parted so he could take in even breaths. Swallowing again, Colby grips Jake's hand a little harder, moving his body slowly. Twisting so he was more on his knees now, his warm, sensitive skin touching against Jake's soft shirt. His eyes are wide as he looks at him, his heart skips before he leans in to kiss him.

Jake's hands dart up to grip either side of Colby's face. returning the kiss lazily, before his eyes slowly open up. Pulling back to look at his friend. His tired brain was far too sluggish to really understand what was happening. But he knows they shouldn't be doing this, not now.

"Colby, don't..." Jake whispers.

Colby's heart breaks, sucking in a sharp breath. He is ready to run from his own room, ready to grab his passport and hop on the first plane the hell out of here. He couldn't fuck this up, they lived together, it would be so awkward. The only thing that stopped him honestly was Jake's voice.

"... not like this." Jake goes on, leaning in to touch their foreheads. Hands still tenderly holding Colby's cheeks. Relief washes over Colby, it wasn't rejection. At least not yet, "Let's get some sleep."

With that Colby moves back so Jake could slide down, laying on his back as Colby moves to rest his head on Jake's chest. Pulling the blankest up around them as Jake's arms moves to wrap around him. Again it feels safe and warm and he could hear Jake's heartbeat in his ears. He could feel the slight vibration of each thump. Closing his eyes he feels his fingers curl up into Jake's stripped shirt.