Different Part 2

"Colby?"

The voice and the knock stir Jake, rolling as much as he could with Colby's arm wrapped around his middle. He hears the familiar voice call out to Colby again, so he carefully moves out from under his arm to head to the door. Unlocking it he peaks his head out to see Sam standing there. The blonde looks surprised, and concerned and as if he wanted to look behind Jake to make sure Colby was okay. 

"He's sleeping." Jake says moving his finger to his lips, before pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"What are you doing in Colby's room?" Sam questions, not even bothering to keep his voice down.

"He was upset last night, so I kept him company. It's not a big deal." Jake says softly, looking back over his shoulder to see Colby shift in his sleep.

Sam suddenly grabbed Jake's arm and tugged him out of the room. 

"What the hell?" Jake grunts out as he is dragged into Sam's room.

Shutting the door, Sam turns to Jake, "How bad was it?"

"How bad was what?" Jake is confused and tired and really not in the mood for this.

"Colby, how bad was he?"

"Uh, not bad I guess, he was crying and quiet..." Jake paused and looked down, his cheeks turning pink, "... he kissed me." As much as he didn't want to admit that to Sam, he knew Sam would be the one to tell him what the hell was happening. Did Colby actually like him, or was he just that upset?

"He kissed you...." Sam bites at his lower lip and turns away from Jake, moving towards his bed, slowly sitting himself down.

Jake feels awkward, running his hands up his stomach until he was basically holding himself. "Is Colby okay?" He finally finds himself asking.

Sam looks back up to Jake, almost as if he was surprised that he was still there. As if he had forgotten him in the past few seconds.

"I mean like... I never seen him like that and you know him..." Jake goes on, just wanting answers. Wanting Sam to just say something back.

"We should talk about it later, you shouldn't let Colby wake up alone." Sam says in a serious tone. It made Jake feel weird. "After breakfast."

"Okay, I guess."

Jake was all too happy to leave, returning to Colby's room, finding him still asleep. He takes a breath and moves to lock the door again. Making his way back to his bed so he could climb in. Shifting himself to lay on his side so he could look at Colby.

The other boy is laying on his stomach, lips slightly parted. His breathing is even, his hair a mess, his puffy face lined pink with pillow marks.

Half painted nails move to gingerly touch at Colby's shoulder. Before curling his fingers to run his knuckles over the sleeping boys cheek. Dropping his hand Jake wonders what the hell he was doing.

"Jake?" Colby's voice is low and rough. His hand coming up to touch at Jake's face before he blinks open bright blues.

"Yeah?"

His hand drops automatically, as if he were caught doing something wrong. Shifting to lay on his side now, looking a little disheartened.

"I'm sorry, about last night. I shouldn't have... kissed you without permission."

"It's cool. I didn't mind it much.... Just wasn't expecting it." Jake smiles softly.

Colby looks honestly shocked.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you can kiss me. If you want." Jake shifts a little closer.

Colby's hand comes back up to touch at Jake's cheek again. Before it falls to hold the side of his neck. His tongue darting out to lick at his lips as he leans in to kiss him.

Jake's eyes fall shut, leaning into the soft, slow kiss. It felt weird. Mostly because it was Colby. Seeing someone everyday, as a friend, to suddenly laying in bed with them while kissing them. But it was also nice, the attention, the sweetness of it.

They both pull back and just kind of look at each other. Jake is smiling again and Colby looks happier, if not slightly worried still.

"That was nice." Jake comments in a slightly funny tone. His cheeks pink as he moves his hand out to touch at Colby's ribs. He can feel the other boy tremble under the touch.

"We should get breakfast though, I'm starving. And I kind of need pants." Jake goes on, moving to sit up. Colby laughs and curls up a bit more.

"I'll meet you guys down there."

With that Jake leans in and leaves a kiss on Colby's cheek before he get out of his bed and leaves.

Colby rolls onto his back and rubs his hands over his face. What the fuck was he doing? This couldn't end well, and Jake was far too sweet to hurt. But it was nice, to have someone who didn't automatically shove him aside. Since his relationships, if you could even call them that, with guys were complicated. No matter all the gay jokes, Colby never officially came out as bisexual or whatever he was. He didn't even know half the time.

Sitting up he figures there is no point over thinking things. He had stuff to do and videos to try and get done.

--

Jake was half way through a breakfast burrito when Sam came up to him.

"Can we talk..."

"Dude, you said after breakfast." He says through a mouth full of food. Mostly joking, since Sam still looked super serious and he really didn't want to have their conversation anymore.

"You can eat on the way." Sam says tugging Jake out to the back yard.

Finding two seats off to the side, Jake crosses his legs on the chair and sets his plate on his lap. Pushing hair from his face as he looked at Sam.

"Colby is..." Sam paused, "... complicated when it comes to guys... he has these moods."

Jake blinks, "You really suck at explaining stuff."

Sam huffs and rubs a hand over his eyes. He seems annoyed.

"Colby never came out to me as gay or even bisexual. But he has these times where he seeks put male attention, he used to do it with me before I meet Kat... then he started to hook up with strangers. Then he did it with Brennen until he started dating someone..."

"You hooked up Colby?" Jake asks, still chewing away. Seeming unphased by what he was hearing.

"Yeah... But I mean, I'm not gay. I did it for Colby." Sam sounds defensive as he sits back and scratches at his arm. "He needed someone and I didn't... I didn't want him going out to meet strangers. Because when he's in that mind set he won't stop until..."

Jake swallows and raises his brows at Sam.

"... He gets what he wants. And he just, he seeks out guys that hurt him. If it's not with someone he knows."

It is Jake's turn to sit back. Thinking to himself for a few minutes.

"Say something." Sam finally says, snapping Jake from his thoughts.

"I don't think Colby is that complicated, I think he's just been with shitty people."

"Excuse me?" Sam sounds genuinely offended.

"I mean... I didn't mean to sound like an asshole but... Just having people do stuff with him, just to do stuff. That sounds shitty." Jake clears his throat a bit. Not really wanting to piss Sam off.

"You know, whatever, Jake." Sam stands, shaking his head. "Just don't fucking hurt him."

Jake opens his mouth to say something but Sam is already walking off. So he stops himself, instead he bites into his burrito.

--

The day seemed pretty normal, they were both off doing their own thing. The air didn't seem tense when they did cross paths. Jake always making it a point to smile at Colby or bump him when they didn't have time to talk.

That night it was just the two of them, Cory was out his girlfriend as was Sam. Aaron was held up in his room still, and was most likely to be there for a long while. Though, Colby was also locked in his room which was a little disappointing. Since Jake kind of assumed they could talk or just hang out.

Jake decides it is best to give him some space. Heading to his own room after grabbing a drink so he could watch a movie.

He's not sure how long passes before Colby was at his door.

"Hey..." Colby says as he closes the door behind himself.

"Sah." Jake says back, pausing the movie and sitting up in his bed. Leaning against his headboard with his hands resting in his lap. His fingers toying with each other, a smile playing along his lips.

Colby adjusts his bangs before walking over to Jake's bed. Slowly climbing on until he was sitting on Jake's lap. His hands passing over Jake's chest before stopping to rest on his shoulders.

"Can I kiss you?"

Jake blinks, his hands moving to rest on Colby's thighs. Fingernails scratching over the jean fabric. Feeling his heart skip at the question.

"Yes."

Without hesitation Colby leans in, capturing his lips in a kiss that was more stern than the previous ones they shared. His fingers crawling up Jake's neck to stroke over his jaw.

Jake's eyes fall shut as he returned the kiss. Feeling Colby's head tilt to the side as he deepened the kiss. His own hands moving up to grip his waist. Jumping a bit when felt Colby's tongue lick at his lower lip. Having to part his lips to allow him in.

Minutes seem like hours, as they continued on without a break. Both of them breathing heavily through their noses.

Colby pulls back first, though his lips refuse to leave Jake. Pressing feather kisses over his cheek and ear, before dipping down to kiss over his neck. Feather kisses turning into open mouth kisses when he finds Jake's pulse point. Feeling his heart beating fast against his tongue. Before his teeth come down to nibble over sensitive skin.

Jake gasps at the feeling. It all felt like too much, his head was spinning and every inch of him felt like it was on fire. He is almost lost to the intimacy, until he felt Colby's hand moving down his body. Pushing up his shirt, before going back down to palm his crotch.

"Colby..." Jake says in a shaky voice, moving his hand to grip Colby's wrist to stop him, "... we shouldn't."

Colby pulls back, his face is red and his lips are slightly swollen. He looks confused and scared.

"You don't want to?"

"Of course I do... But like, it's a bit fast." Jake says gently, taking in and letting out a deep breath.

"Oh..." Colby still looks confused.

"And... I mean, shouldn't we go on a date or something?" Jake questions. Moving his hand from Colby's wrist so he could link their fingers.

"A date..."

Jake furrows his brows, "Yeah. You are acting like... I'm weird for suggesting that."

Colby shakes his head, "You're not weird, I mean you are but..." He smiles at his attempt of a joke. "... I don't think it's a good idea."

Jake lets go of Colby's hand and crosses his arms over his chest. Pouting a bit. Colby sits back on Jake's thighs and avoids looking at him directly.

"Why?"

"I never been on a date with a guy." Colby shrugs, before crossing his arms over his chest as well.

"That's not a reason." Jake is blunt and staring Colby down.

"Lets just forget it." Colby shifts, getting ready to get up.

Jake stops him, grabbing his shoulders and making Colby look at him.

"Bro, it'll be okay. We don't have to tell anyone or anything... I just don't feel comfortable just messing around. I care about you... And we can keep kissing if you want to." Jake runs his hands down Colby's arms as he speaks.

"Okay..." Colby nods, pushing his bangs from his eyes before leaning in to kiss Jake again.

"... we'll go on a date."