Need To Get Away Part 6

NOTE: Smut at the end of chapter.

The next couple of days sort of go by in a haze for Jake, nothing really seemed real. Yet everything kind of felt normal at the same time. Both doing their best to act normal around the roommates, though it was hard for Jake, sometimes he just wanted a kiss or to lay his head on Colby while watching TV, hell even to just get to hold his hand sometimes. He missed the little things about being in a relationship. Though Colby seemed to try and make up for it when they were alone, either with the roommates out for the night or finding his way into Jake's room after editing or going out. But Jake could always kind of feel the tension in the room, since they never really got the chance to relax, anyone could walk in on them at any second, and they could only joke it away so many times before they figured it out.

It was frustrating.

"I think we should... I don't know, get away for a while." Jake says moving to press his hand into Colby's hair as his head rested in his lap. Looking down to see Colby stop scrolling on his phone so he could rest it on his chest. Blues flickering up to meet Jake's gaze.

"Get away?"

"Yeah, like we can do an' over night thing together or something. Tell everyone it's for a video, or even film a video I don't really care." Jake honestly had not given it much thought, but he did want to just get away and be with Colby alone. Where they wouldn't have to worry as much, where they could relax. Because keeping this to himself was getting pretty old and annoying at this point.

Colby looks away from Jake and furrows his brows, sighing when he feels Jake's fingers running over his scalp again, and again. "Usually we do that stuff with Sam..."

"We can talk to Sam, he'll cover for us or come with us or something. I mean he knows about us." Jake suggests, sitting back a little more, the leg Colby isn't resting on beginning to bounce a bit.

"Yeah... I don't see why not. We can talk to him when he gets back from dinner." Colby looks back to Jake as he speaks. It would be awkward but he has a good feeling Sam would say yes to helping them, and it would be nice to not have to constantly worry about someone walking in on them or seeing them.

Setting his phone aside, Colby pushes himself up from where he was laying, shifting carefully to sit in Jake's lap now. His hands move to stroke the other boys face and move his hair back some, Jake settles under him and tilts his head as Colby leaned in to him. Their lips brush as their noses bump together.

"Are you okay?" Colby questions, seeing Jake close his eyes, seeming to not be into the affection like he normally was.

Jake shrugs, "It just kinda' sucks, you know? Sometimes I just want to hold your stupid hand or do some gross cute stuff or even like... go with Sam or Corey on like a double date and I can't. We can't do anything... it's like we're not even really together." He sighs and moves to cross his arms over his chest as Colby sat back on his thighs.

Blinking open his eyes, Jake meets Colby's gaze.

"I... agree but I'm just not ready to tell them yet." Colby shakes his head, his features look a bit strained and he pulls back from the other boy to touch at his own hair nervously. "I mean, it's only been a week, Jake."

"I'm not saying we have to tell'em, I just think we both need to make an effort to actually... hang out together like a couple. When we're not working. Just..." Jake paused and holds himself a little tighter, looking away from Colby, his features soft. "... that's all I want. To actually feel like I'm with you."

Colby swallows thickly, he understands the frustrations. He had found himself wanting to do stuff like that as well, wanting to just be close to him from time to time. Yet he couldn't and it made him uneasy, though he had no idea that Jake was feeling that too.