Chapter 12 - Fix

"Then he wants to pretend like nothing happened. It's like this guy is completely afraid to defy her mom, who is his manager! Then she calls him the next morning and not right after he was missing, wandering if he's coming back! Doesn't ask how he's do8ng or anything!" You ranted to your co-worker at the cafe, "so now, this guy only knows that beauty pageants are the only thing in his life!"

You prepare coffee drinks for the waiting customers while Namjoon drizzles the whip cream and chocolate syrup on a kids hot cocoa. All day, you have been going on ranting to get you to cool down, unlike the hot beverages. Though, the customers didn't care because they were getting their orders quicker. You were even receiving tips from them just back serving them the "tea."

You aren't mad at Jin, you're than understandable actually. The guy just wanted his parents to love him and let him live his life but his mom says otherwise. You're more mad at the mother for making him into a cilent rather than a son.

At first, you thought you were fine. Not getting distracted by Jin nor getting mad. Until Namjoon asked how he was. That's where you started to go off. From  Jin's performance on TV to when he left the morning after. Even the big feast he was more than happy to make.

"Wow, that sounds a bit. You're so worried about the guy it's scary." Namjoon nervously commented, moving away from you a bit.

"Don't worry Namjoon, I don't plan on lashing out at you. Jin said that you were the nicest person there." You smiled which made him smile with relief, "I just don't know why Jungkook would want to do such a thing. And Yoongi right behind him. They can't stand each other, at least I thought."

"Jungkook lied to Yoongi." Namjoon admitted as soon as the last customer in liner left with her latte, "he told him that you were having an affair with the guy which made him pissed. I was there when Jungkook wanted to meet with us."

"Of course. Tell Yoongi something like that and he'll believe it for sure." You mumbled.

"It was not only for the pageant from what I understand." Namjoon continued, "according to Jungkook's expressions during the meeting, he did seem 'interested' in you...."

"What are you saying? Jungkook has a crush on his own sister? Ew." You laughed it off, even though you did think it does sound accurate. There were times when he began high school that he would look at you differently. Moments that were just awkward that you wanted to get away. To think it would get this out of hand.

It's not awkward anymore.

It's just plain obvious.

And disturbing.

Two more hours until your work is over and you can go home and see if Jin came back, though you highly doubt it. Just seeing the model again would at least provide some comfort that he's okay. You can only imagine him as soon as you walk back to your apartment.

Another glorious meal has been cooked and set on the table. To your eyes, you meet the eyes of the dark-haired man, cuddled into the couch with a plate on his lap. His messy hair leaves one eyes visible and the other covered. An oversized shirt he's wearing exposes his collarbone and the too of his chest.

His tall legs spread over the couch seats in the same plaid pants. His eyes looks back at you, an expression that could say that he's wasn't expecting to see you, even though it was your house. His lips barely parted, showing the prefecting curved, soft pair. Seeing his moist lips almost made yours dry.

"(Name)? Are you okay? Hey!" Namjoon called. You blinked, noticing that you were distracted. Again. You were starting at the coffee machine with your eyes drifting off and your mouth widen open and now dry.