Chapter 9 - Awake

"Thank you! Come again!" You thanked the customer as he thanked you back with a smile and exited the cafe. Finally after nine hours of making coffee, pakaging baked good and taking orders, your shift was done. You never thought that working at the shop was that much work.

Two jobs, one day off. It's more like Uber for the day shift and the cafe for the night shift. It simply works only that you really have to sleep and wake up to get to work.

"Oh snap! Jin's pageant!" You remembered. It was was nine-thirty, meaning that the channel should be airing the competition an hour ago. You cleaned up the counter and turned off the coffee machines for tomorrow. There's a TV in the cafe, but you let Namjoon control the channels since there's too many remotes to mess around with.

You clicked out and waved goodbye to Namjoon, the last employee to lock up the shop. The pouring rain outside didn't stop you from covering yourself with a jacket and rushing to your car, unlocking it and throwing your stuff inside. Before you could hop into the driver's seat, a weak voice called you.

"(N-Name)......."

You turned around to find a tell man with his tuxedo in such a ripped mess. His lip was bleeding and his hands were shaking like his voice. His eyes were covered by his black-haired bangs but you can tell that he's been crying for a long time. He slowly walked towards you, legs shaking and exhausted from the long trip he had to have.

"Mr. Kim?" You called to him. Namjoon noticed that you stopped next to your car so was looking from the inside of the window to check what's going on. Before he could respond, Seokjin faints onto the wet ground in the rain.

"Jin!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Is he okay?" Namjoon asked, hovering over the tired male laying on the bed. You took him to you house to take care of him since the hospitals around here are too far away. Besides, he didn't look like he was critically injured since he was good enough to walk suck great of a distance.

"He's not dead. Looks like he's been through a beating." You pointed out, dabbing a bit of ointment onto his lip. Seokjin is dry now that he's in shelter, but sweating like crazy. He's breathing through his mouth, panting with a red face. You undid his bow tie and unbuttoned the white shirt. Namjoon helped you with his black jacket that's shredded to scraps. Unlucky he has an under shit under the white shirt.

"The AC is on. Hopefully that will be enough for him to wake up." You sighed, feeling his forehead with your hand.

"Is he sick or something?" Namjoon asked, "do you even know the guy?" His eyes widened, looked like he was in a panicked state.

"Yeah I drive him around as his Uber. He competes in these men's beauty contests, and today is suppose to be special." You told him, "there's no way that he would allow himself to be sick!" He forehead feels a little heated, but he was just fine the last time you saw him. Even though you don't know him that well, you at least know that today would be important to him.

Seokjin slowly, but weakly, opened his eyes while hacking and coughing.

"Seokjin!" You gasped, noticing the beads of sweat running down his forehead, "Namjoon get me a cold cloth!" Namjoon rushed to the bathroom as Seokjin recognizes your voice, turning his head to you. Both of his hands clenching onto the edges of the bed.

"Everything's alright, you're at my place now." You assured him, "what happened to you? You look like a mess!"

Before he could answer, Namjoon came in with the cold dry wash clothes and with your phone.