Chapter 8 - Lunch

"First, thank you for agreeing to meet me here (Name)." Jungkook shyly thanked you as soon as you sat down with your Iced coffee since the weather is greatly increasing by the day. Today is believed to be 92°, but it feels like 84, and people are talking about rain tomorrow.

"Yeah no problem. So want to tell me what all of this is all about?" You went straight to the point. Whethet he wanted to arrange this meeting by his own free will or because mom told him, you are not going to waste your time repeating the same thing. Jungkook deeply sighed before gathering his smile back.

"I just wanted to have some lunch with my only sister. Talk about life and clear up some stuff." Jungkook smiled, sipping his chocolate mocha, "that's why I didn't want mom here. I didn't even tell her." You bobbed your head, impressed at his sneaky move. He wouldn't think twice before bringing mon into things but now it's nice to see that he has grown up.

"Then what do you want to talk about?" You asked him, "you seem very serious yesterday."

"Yeah, I just wanted to have some brother and sister time unlike so long ago." Jungkook smiled, "also to clarify a few things."

"Let me guess, I got you all wrong and you're here to make everything clear that you're not a spoiled brat?" You guessed with sarcasm, "listen Jungkook, I appreciate you keeping Mom out of this but that doesn't mean you have to be her."

"Anyway, I heard that you bailed Yoongi out again." Jungkook changed the subject, "how has he been? I've heard that you might be getting another job."

You nodded, "yep. At Namjoon's Mom's cafe and Yoongi is going to be working with me there as well. I can't leave him by himself again." Jungkook frowned a little bit at that fact. He didn't like Yoongi as much as mom did because he only heard about Yoongi through mom. So you're not surprised at that action.

Although he has never met Yoongi personally face-to-face, you can imagine that your mom told him a whole lot of stuff. Maybe even some lies just to get his attention and support.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do? I mean, I am concerned for you and everything that has happened recently." Jungkook bit into his cake pop, "and another thing. This Seokjin guy, whom you brought to my pageant. Who exactly is he?" Is he going to keep asking about all the men that popped into your life?

"He's competing in the pre-nationals tonight. He's done these things for two years I think. Maybe he can teach you a thing or two." You joked, "Oh my gosh Jungkook that guy is so full of it! Talks about how handsome he is and has his manager and a body gaurd. It hysterical."

"Oh? So what exactly can I learn from him?" Your brother raised an eyebrow, "I think I'm doing just fine."

"It was sarcasm. Something that you never understood, even when you were little." You commented, "but you have understood somethings if it means that you would get your way that is." Jungkook poked his tongue through his cheek, staring at you. He then cracked a smile and sat himself into his chair.

"Right. Right. So then let me ask thou something big sister, am I really that spoiled in your eyes?" Jungkook asked, "like why exactly does it seem that you hate me because that's not what I would ever want. I just to have a nice bond with y--."

"Jungkook, listen I only reason that I moved out was so I wouldn't hear you or mother go on and on about you." You explained, "every time I walk into that house, everyone is always over for you. You're the center of attention while I'm just, well, you're sister. Why do you think I couldn't wait to get out of there."

"I understand that but--"

"You understand? You don't understand anything about what happened. Remember one time that Mom had to attend to your basketball game and forgot my birthday? Of course you can't." You rolled your eyes while finishing your coffee, "so don't you try to act like you know what it feels like being the least favorite. You're always the center of attention."

"At least I give you attention when I can! Remember when you have a mini cake in your room when you got inside that day? Or when I gave you that Valentine Card on Valentine's Day?" Jungkook pointed out and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Mini cake? What are you...." You thought for a minute, thinking back then years ago. You got home after your extracurricular activities after school on your birthday. You did find a small cake that was about has small as the palm on your hand. With little lit candles and white frosting, you blew out the candles while assuming that it was your parents way on apologizing about forgetting your birthday.

"That mini cake..... Was you?" You gasped, "and all of the little presents? Why couldn't you just told me that was you or sign your name somewhere?"

"Well. I figured that since you and I were on bad terms then, if I sign my name then tyour wouldn't accept it so I went as secret admirer.." Jungkook explained, "but I'm glad that you did though. Took me forever to make the handwriting not able to recognize."

"So then every other present you've given me was none other than you?" You guessed, "why aren't I surprised now and yet I didn't guess back then. So why are you coming out with this now?"

Jungkook drank the last of his coffee before looking around. His entire playful atmosphere changed to a serious tone like someone who's been threatened.

"I don't need to learn anything from a second place streak narcissist. Unlike him, I am a fresh new face that everyone will love for years." Jungkook cleared his throat before giving me his thoughts straight out of his mouth, "and I don't get why you're even with him. You're only helping the enemy!"

"Jungkook. I'm only his Uber driver for I don't know how long! Don't tell me you're taking this whole pageant thing too seriously." You tried to convince him, "this is why I can't even talk to you!"

"You just want a reason to see guys other than me! You're awful! Why can't you see that I lo--"

"You know what, I'm done. I only came there to get my money and be gone. I'm done trying to get on better terms with you." You stood up from your chair and walked away from your brother before he stands after you and grab your forearm to stop you.

"(Name). Don't you dare do this. If you step away now, I will not hold back on what I can do." Jungkook threatened with a dark look with his dark hair barely covering one of his eyes look8ng at you.

"Jungkook, I have my own life while you're living with Mom and Dad." You snatched your arm back, "leave me alone. Leave Jin alone." You walked off to your car to drive to your new job at the cafe, not giving your younger brother another word. You saw him dialing a number on his phone before putting it up to his ear and leaving as well.