Chapter fifteen - Time to go home

Start from the beginning

Lucifer had thrown him away from Gabriel just in time to throw the blade off making him "only" stab the other in the stomache.

Gabriel coughed up a lot of blood and fell down to the ground. He couldn't move as he was in so much agony.

Sam now managed to get away from Dean and ran up to his angel. He was glad that he wasn't dead but also a mess of emotions and scared. His brother aran up to them helping Sam to lift the wounded archangel up which made him scream even more.

Lucifer went up to Michael while those two tried their best to transport Gabriel to the portal. "You shouldn't have messed with him." He got out his own blade and attacked him.

They fought for dominance as Lucifer managed to get his brother in the leg making him unable to move. He wanted to end it but he saw that the portal was closing so he ran up to the others who were nearly there.

Sam had debated on betraying Lucifer and not letting him through the portal which was a good plan in theory. But after he saved Gabriel he couldn't bring himself to do it. So the four passed through the portal.

Gabriel was disoriented from the pain and just heard a lot of voices and saw the vague shapes of some people. But he couldn't make anything out as his visuals got blurry. He coughed up more and more blood but needed to know something. So his face turned to Sam.

"Where's Lucifer?" He knew that Sam was alright. But he was worried about his brother who actually saved him. "Is he okay?" His words came out weak and nearly not understandable as they got mixed with coughs.

"He's alright. You don't need to worry about him. Worry about yourself." Sam brought him to a room that they kind of turned into a little infirmary. It wasn't sterile or anything but it was the best they had.

He wanted to patch him up. But he knew that Gabriel needed a real doctor. Luckily there was one that came over from the other world. So he gave his angel over to the young man and waited outside of the room where some people were gathered.

Castiel went up to him immediately. "How is he?" He was worried as he just saw them drag him in and through the crowd. The archangel couldn't really keep his eyes open which made him worry even more.

Sam didn't say anything as he felt sick. He should have never convinced Gabriel to help them.

Suddenly the heard a crash and a scream coming from the infirmary which made Sam storm in there. Everything was pushed over and the doctor was unconscious as he was thrown through the room.

The archangel was in incredible pain because the tip of the angel blade was still in his body. He had made a huge power wave that threw everything away as the doctor had tried to remove it. It had hurt so bad that his powers went off on their own. This exhausted him as he was breathing heavily and gasping for air.

Sam rushed over to him and took his hand. "Hey, everything's alright. Just try to relax." He brushed his thumb along the other's hand.

Gabriel wasn't able to think. Everything just hurt as he coughed up some more blood. But the other's touch calmed him down a bit. He couldn't see clearly but he knew that it was Sam by his voice and his touch.

The problem was that they had nothing to sedate the angel so the doctor wanted to operate without a sedation. But that turned out to be a terrible idea.

Castiel had followed Sam and was healing the doctor since he was bleeding himself.

Lucifer came in as well and saw the fiasco. He went over to his brother who recognized him even though everything was still blurry.

"Lucifer? I need to-" Gabriel wanted to- no needed to thank him but he was interrupted by a cough.

"You need to rest." Lucifer shook his head at his little brother. He turned to Sam. "You won't be able to get the piece out there if he's not sedated. His powers will activate due to the pain. But I can use my powers to keep his in. I can't make him suffer less though. It will still hurt."

"Please, do it." Sam was desperate and even though he didn't wish anymore torment on the other it was necessary. He went up to the doctor. "Can you continue? It won't happen again. I promise."

The doctor nodded and went up to the wounded archangel. This time he also allowed Sam to stay in case they needed him to calm down his boyfriend.

So Lucifer kept his brother's power at bay as the doctor operated. They also had to tie the wounded angel down as he was moving way to much.

Gabriel continued to scream in agony as they started to pull out the last pieces of the blade. He was crying and screaming until he eventually passed out due to the incredible pain.

It hurt Sam to see the other suffering like this. He wasn't able to keep his promise of letting nobody hurt him every again. The archangel was so fragile and vulnerable and Sam wanted to do anything he could to keep him safe.

After the doctor had removed everything he started to stitch the wound. Lucifer had stopped keeping the other's power down since he was unconscious anyway. But he still stayed at his brother's side.

It took a bit more time but after that the doctor was finally ready and after about half an hour Gabriel regained consciousness. He looked around as his head was throbbing in pain. His gaze firstly fell upon his brother.

"Thank you. You saved my life." His throat was sore from all the screaming but he managed to talk. "I thought it was over. I'm sorry that I doubted you. I-"

Lucifer interrupted him. "No need to apologize or thank me. Your my little brother and I treated you wrong for way too long. I'll leave so you can rest a bit." He left.

Sam was happy that Gabriel was stable. He gave him some water to drink and to wash out the taste of blood a bit.

"Samsquatch, you're a dear." The archangel chuckled until he felt his wound sting again from moving too much.

"You need to be careful." Sam kissed the other. "I was worried sick. Don't do that again!"

The two talked a bit until Gabriel got tired. So while he slept the other stayed by his side. He wanted to look over him so he tried his best to stay awake.