Chapter 25-Happy Homecoming?

Cristiano shut the door behind him and rested his head against the door. He let out a deep breath before a smile filled his face. She was coming home he thought. He couldn't believe it when she said she'd come stay at his house. That she made the choice herself. He wasn't completely stupid. He knew Molly staying at the house was going to be hard for her. Hard for him. Hard for everyone. But this was where she lived. This was where she belonged.

"Cris is that you?" he heard Katia call out. "Coming" he replied pushing away from the door. "I knew I heard the door" Katia said from the couch. "Busy" he smiled. "These two tend to keep people busy. Zé is outside with Rodrigo" she said readjusting Dinis and Junior on the couch beside her. "I bet he's glad to be back in this crazy place" Cristiano said. "We haven't being here for two weeks. I think he's missed it. Not that he'll admit it" she said. "I didn't expect you all to come when you said you were coming" he said. "Not happy to have us?" she asked. "Of course I am. It's just you have your own lives too" he said. "I knew what you meant. We wanted to come. It was hard to get Rodrigo to leave the other week. He hasn't stopped asking about Molly since we left" she said.

"She's coming home" Cristiano said. "What?" she asked in surprise. "Ya I know I can't believe it too" he replied. "That's fantastic Cris" she said. "What's fantastic?" Nuno asked as he stepped into the living room from the garden. "Molly's getting out of hospital" Katia said. "Really. That's brilliant. Hey guys" Nuno said rushing back to the door. "Molly's getting out of the hospital" he yelled. "I think everyone on this street heard that Nuno" Cristiano laughed. "Hey at least it will save you having to tell everyone" Nuno joked.

"What's this about Molly?" Dolores asked coming in through the door quickly followed by Zé and Rodrigo. "Molly is getting discharged from hospital" Cristiano informed his mother. "Wow. That's great. Is she ready?" Dolores asked. "Dr. Vicente believes so. She still will need regular check ups but she's ready" he said. "But she still doesn't have her memory back" Dolores said. "I know but hopefully a familiar setting will help her get her full memory back" he said. "But how is it familiar if she can't remember it" Dolores said. "I know ok but she could be going back to England or somewhere else but instead she's coming here" he said. "It's great news Cris. Did you hear that Rodrigo? Molly is coming home" Zé said to Rodrigo.

"Yippee" the young boy said running to hug his uncle. "It is wonderful news Cris. This place hasn't being the same without her" Dolores said teary. "She's nervous about staying here but we'll all make it easy for her as best as we can" he said. "Why is Molly nervous to be coming home?" Rodrigo asked and Cristiano hunched down to the little boy. "Molly doesn't remember this place remember Rodrigo" he said. "I know. But this is where she is meant to be. Why would that make her nervous?" Rodrigo asked. "It's a bit complicated Rodrigo. Now why don't you go draw her a picture for when she comes home" Katia suggested to her son. "Ok. Papa come help" he said grabbing Zé hand.

"She's worried about being around Junior. Isn't she?" Dolores asked. "Ya" he sighed. "I'm sure once she's home everything will be easier" Dolores said. "Doubt it Maé" he sighed walking over to pick up Junior from the couch. "Let's go outside kiddo" he said to Junior.

"Cris" Dolores called after him. "Give him some space Maé" Katia said. "Why do I not feel as happy as I thought I would feel hearing Molly was coming home?" Nuno asked. "Cos she doesn't remember it for starters" Katia said. "Maybe this isn't the right place for her at this time" Dolores said. "Don't even think about saying that in front of Cris" Katia said. "Katia is right. Ronnie would not want to hear that. And this is the right place for her. It's just going to be strange for a little while" Nuno said. "And who knows her staying here might help her remember quicker" Katia said.

"Are you watching Marcosa?" Cristiano smiled at his son as the dog walked around Cristiano's feet. "Oh Junior" Cristiano sighed as he took a seat on one of the deck chairs outside. He placed Junior onto his lap. "I know you can't understand me yet but Mama is coming home soon" Cristiano said. "I know even though she can't remember you at the moment that she loves you. And if she doesn't spend time with you it's because she doesn't want to upset you. And that she's scared. She's scared of so much. And she's not the only one" he sighed as Junior let out a screech. "Just know that I'm going to do all I can to get the mama you knew back ok son" he said placing a kiss on his son's forehead. "You need her. I need her" Cristiano sighed.