Chapter 9-Why Don't I Remember?

"Who is Junior?" Molly whispered.

Cristiano stared open mouthed at Molly. Out of everything he had imagined or maybe had worried about her saying to him when she woke up asking who Junior was, was not what he had being expecting.

"What?" he asked. "Cristiano" Jorge said but Cristiano didn't take his eyes off Molly.

"What do you mean who is Junior? Mols stop kidding around. It's not funny" Cristiano said. "I......I'm....." Molly stammered and began to cough. "Easy Molly" Dr. Vicente said moving to help Molly on the bed. "You need to wear this" the doctor said moving the mask over Molly's mouth. "You both need to leave" Dr. Vicente told Jorge and Cristiano.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know she's ok" Cristiano snapped. "She needs rest and doesn't need stress right now" Dr. Vicente said. "Cris we should go" Jorge said having quickly connected everything the doctor had said before they had come into the room and Molly's question in his head. He knew things were really serious.

"She just asked who Junior is. Why is she asking me that?" Cristiano asked the doctor.

"I.....why are you here? Why are these people here?" Molly asked Dr. Vicente. "These people. Mols it's me Cristiano" he said. "I.......why am I here? Why is he here? My...." she started to panic as she began to struggle on the bed. "Molly I need you to stay still. You have serious injuries" Dr. Vicente said.

"Molly listen to her" Cristiano said moving to hold her arm but she flinched when he touched her. "Don't...touch me" she managed to say and he took a step back from the bed.

"Mols it's me" he said. "Why is he here?" she asked Dr. Vicente once more.

"I'm here because I....because you're my Molly. Because I'm Junior's papa" Cristiano said. "Who is Junior?" Molly asked again. "Molly stop asking that. You know who he is. Stop messing about Mols" Cristiano said. "Cris I don't think she is" Jorge said and Cristiano looked at his agent and back to Molly.

"What?" Cristiano said. "Why are they here?" Molly asked once again. "She's being serious. Is she being serious Dr. Vicente?" Cristiano asked. "I think you both need to leave" the doctor said. "I'm not leaving her like this" Cristiano said. "Cris" Jorge said.

"She doesn't remember her own son" Cristiano snapped in disbelief.

"My son" Molly gasped knocking the mask off her face. "I......I don't have...... a son.......what...why is he....I can't...breathe....I" she began to struggle with her breathing. "Molly it's ok. Just try and relax" the doctor replied. "Why is he.....saying.....that.....why...is it....true" she struggled starting to cough and move in the bed. She let out a scream when she moved and Cristiano automatically moved closer to her. "Mols it's ok" he said.

"I....don't......it can't.....be...true.....why...am I..."she stammered trying to catch her breath. "Molly you need to wear the mask" Dr. Vicente said trying to place the mask on Molly's mouth but the brunette kept fighting the doctor.

"Son.....is he....why don't....I don't..." she struggled looking at Cristiano who felt like he had just being kicked in the stomach. "Molly please let her help you" he begged. "No...no doctors....get away from...me" she said trying to move but let out scream again with pain.

Dr. Vicente pressed a button on the walk and a bunch of people came running into the room. "Get him out of here now" Dr. Vicente yelled at Jorge who grabbed Cristiano by the arm and pulled him towards the door. "No let me go" Cristiano said as the doctor and nurses tried to calm Molly.

"Cris she needs their help" Jorge said pushing him into the hallway. "Please tell me that didn't just happen?" Cristiano begged. "I...look Dr. Vicente will explain everything in a short while. Let's go back to the others" he said. "She doesn't remember Junior. She's doesn't remember him. She doesn't remember him" Cristiano yelled as tears started to fall down his cheeks. Jorge held him as he cried. He didn't know what to say or do. When he had heard Molly ask Cristiano who Junior was he knew something was seriously wrong. He knew things were going to get harder instead of easier.