Chapter 17-I'm Scared

"Damn is he blind" Sarah winced as the TV replayed Cristiano's miss. "Give him a break. It hasn't exactly been an easy week for him. Weeks even" Nuno said covering his eyes with his hands as the reply of Cristiano's bad miss replayed on the tv which hung in the corner of Molly's hospital room. "I'm surprised he's playing today. The last time she refused to see him or anyone, he waited in the waiting room for days" Sarah said taking a bite of her salad.

 Like Cristiano had expected and had told everyone, the day after Molly had unexpectedly met Junior, she had refused to see or speak to anyone. She had barely muttered only a yes or a no to her doctor or nurses. She just stared at the walls with a blank look on her face ignoring any attempt at conversation or she just slept. In fact the only reason Sarah was even in the room was because Dr. Vicente had threatened Molly with physio everyday for hours if she didn't allow at least Sarah into the room. Of course since Molly had broken yet another rib, her rehab was going to be delayed as a result. Though her doctor wasn't going to follow through on her mild threat, Dr. Vicente knew how important it was for Molly to be around people she knew.

"I'm surprised too. I actually thought he was only going to be playing the second half" Nuno said. "The way he's playing he won't make it to the end of the first half" Sarah said. "He has a lot on his mind" Nuno said. "So why is he playing?" she asked. "Something about how Molly would want him to" Nuno said. "And how would he know that?" she asked. "Hey when it comes to Molly and Cris, we don't know them as well as they know each other Sarah. Trust me Sarah, I've seen the times he's known what she needs before she even knows" Nuno said. "They are odd" Sarah said. 

"Oh come on even I would have scored that" Sarah said loudly. "Sssh you don't want to wake her" Nuno said nodding to a sleeping Molly. "You just don't want her to wake up and kick you out" Sarah said. "Ya cos you really want her to wake up and deal with Molly if she sees that you asked me in here" Nuno said. "You brought me food. I was weak and asked you to stay. She'd understand. Anyway even her yelling at you would be an improvement on the last few days" Sarah sighed. "I can't believe she hasn't said much in two days. I mean its Molly. Normally you can't shut her up" Nuno said. "I don't like it when she's quiet" Sarah said. "Neither does Cris. It always worries him when she pushes him and others away" Nuno said returning to focus back to the TV. "I could kill Kitty" Sarah said. "It's her dad I feel sorry for. He so wants to be here for Molly but after what Kitty did he thought it was best for him to take her back to England. You should have he seen his face when he came to talk to Cris last night" Nuno said. "I'm surprised Kitty went with him" Sarah said. "I don't know how he convinced her to go but he did" Nuno said. 

"Typical Kitty. She messes up and leaves everyone else to sort out her mess. That what Molly always said" Sarah said. "Damn" Nuno said shaking his head. "Ok seriously I don't know much about football but even I know he should have scored that" Sarah said as Cristiano missed yet another great chance. "His head isn't in it. Between worrying about Molly. Worrying about Junior. Dealing with everyone's questions and not talking to his mother. He's a mess and he won't admit it" Nuno said. 

"Why isn't he talking to his mother?" a soft whisper asked and Nuno and Sarah jumped in surprise. "Mols you're awake" Sarah said in surprise. "Ahm let me get you a drink or something" Sarah said avoiding looking at her. "Why isn't he not talking to his mother?" Molly asked once more. "It's not important now. Ahm this is Nuno. He's Cris's cousin. He dropped me in some food. I thought you'd sleep for a bit longer. I asked him to stay. I'm sorry" Sarah said nervously.

Molly hadn't slept too greatly during the night according to the nurses. Molly's eyes flicked to the TV just as it showed Cristiano sitting on the ground shaking his head. She looked back at Nuno and he sighed. "She upset you" Nuno said. "Nuno" Sarah said. "She asked a questions and I'm going to answer her" Nuno told Sarah. "Dolores upset you. And Junior was upset. So Cris didn't take it too well" Nuno explained. "But that doesn't matter right now. Thanks for the food Nuno. I don't want to keep you from your busy day" Sarah said hoping Nuno would take the hint and leave.