Chapter 14- You Like Having Me Around

"You know the last thing I expected you to have on your face leaving the hospital and Molly is a smile" Sarah told Cristiano as they strolled towards their awaiting car. "It takes more of an effort to frown then it does to smile Sarah" he smiled at her as he opened the car door. "You're odd" Sarah said climbing into the car. "Ha are you just working that out now?" Nuno asked from the front seat. "Just drive Nuno" Cristiano said closing the door.

"Oh that's the thanks I get for coming to pick you up. You know I left your mamas chicken pie to come here" Nuno said. "Thank you Nuno" Sarah said. "Thank you Nuno. And you know Maé will save you some jezz" Cristiano said. "So why do you think he's odd Sarah?" Nuno asked as he drove. "He's smiling" she replied. "Smiling really? Are you sure you aren't the odd one? Like even Cris is known to smile. Usually when a certain brunette is around him" Nuno said. "It's leaving that brunette that usually has him with a frown on his face" Sarah said. "Oh good point" Nuno said. "I am here you know" Cristiano muttered as he stared out of the window.

"We know. We can smell your aftershave" Nuno joked and Sarah laughed. "Shut up" Cristiano grumbled. "So come on. What gives? I mean the last thing you and her were talking about was her thinking you had a girlfriend" Sarah said. "No way. Please don't tell me she remembers the wicked witch of the East" Nuno said. "She doesn't remember anything Nuno" Cristiano snapped. "She overheard a conversation that Cris and I were having" Sarah explained.

"I told her that yes I had hurt her but that the past two years weren't all that bad. Katia came by. And thankfully Molly didn't freak out. Although she still can't cope when Junior is brought up. Anyway we just talked and.." he paused smiling. "And what? What happened?" Nuno asked. "Oh he's smiling again" Sarah smirked. "The doctor kicked me out" Cristiano said. "Keep going. There's no way that would make you smile buddy" Sarah told him. "I asked if I could come back and visit her" Cristiano said. "And she said yes. That's great man" Nuno said.

"Ya she said yes" Cristiano smiled. "That's good. I mean the more you and her talk the better chance she has of remembering I guess" Sarah said. "Ya I guess" Cristiano said as he continued to stare out the window. "She called me a muppet" Cristiano smiled. "Who did?" Nuno asked. "Molly" Cristiano said. "She did. Wow that's great" Nuno said. "Why is that great?" Sarah asked confused. "Cos she always called him that" Nuno said "It might not mean anything" Cristiano said. "But it's something. Something from the time she doesn't remember" Nuno said.

You coming in Sarah?" Nuno asked as parked the car in Cristiano's driveway. "I don't want to intrude. You have enough people. Plus I should get some work done before bed" Sarah replied. "You wouldn't be intruding Sarah. You're always welcome" Cristiano told her. "Thanks Cris. I will another time. Night guys" Sarah said waving goodbye as she headed down the driveway.

"So you finally got to see Molly. Like probably talk to her" Nuno said. "Ya I did" Cristiano replied as he opened the front door. "And?" Nuno asked. "She had a lot of questions" he replied. "I'm sure she did. It can't be easy waking up and not remembering parts of your life" Nuno said as they walked towards the kitchen.

"It's not easy for any of us. I want to tell her so much but I can't. And I'm not sure I even really want to" Cristiano said. "There's some things she would be better off never remembering" Nuno said. "Exactly" Cristiano sighed. "Look mate worry about that when the time comes. For now just enjoy the fact that she is speaking to and getting better each day" Nuno told him. "Cristiano" Dolores smiled when both men entered the kitchen.

"Olé Maé" Cristiano said accepting her hug. "How is Molly? Katia said she looked well" Dolores said. "As well as can be expected. Though she could have done without me explaining the accident" Cristiano said glaring at his sister who sat at the table. "I'm sorry Cris. I just needed to thank her. I didn't upset her. Did I?" Katia asked. "No you didn't. I'm sorry I know you meant well. I had actually being explaining how she used to babysit for you before you came in" Cristiano told her. "She still doesn't remember anything more?" Mark asked from the couch in the living room.