The Collector

We entered a dim lit building.

I was kind of happy that this journey was ending. These people were starting to get on my last nerve. Soon, Peter and I would go back to being ravengers (that's if Yondu doesn't kill us). Life will be normal again. And maybe, just maybe, Peter and I will finally get a chance to confess our feelings for each other. Call me crazy, but I know something is there.

Then again, there's just something about this loser group of aliens. There's something that we all have in common that brings us all together in the end.

Not a word was spoken until we got to a room filled with relics from the galaxy.

A man dressed in a white cloak turned around to reveal himself.

The Collector was what he went by.

"The orb?" He questioned us.

Peter stepped up to get on The Collector's level and pulled the orb out of his knapsack. Just as he was about to give it to him, he drops it.

I let out a slight giggle.

He picked it up and handed it to him.

Peter elbowed me in the side.

"It wasn't funny," he said with a smile, teasing me.

The Collector cleared his throat and began explaining what the orb was and what it contained.

It hold a small purple stone in the middle of it. The Infinity Stone. It had the power of destroying the universe.

I can really see why this orb was such a big deal. No wonder Ronan was after it.

The Collector wandered off and start telling us about other powerful objects in the galaxy.

Dude, we just came for the money.

Rocket interrupted his story. "We're all very fascinating by your story, but where's our money?"

He stopped lecturing and went over to a drawer and pulled out some units.

While everyone was fantasizing what they were going to do with their share, I noticed the a pink skinned girl take a liking to the stone.

"Don't touch that. Get back to work," The Collector said, pointing to uncleaned glass cases.

She stopped for a moment, and then continued to pursue the stone.

"I WILL NO LONGER BE YOUR SERVANT!" The girl screamed as she grabbed the stone.

Her skin started to peel away, and her piercing scream filled the room.

"We have to get out of here!" Pete yelled as he took my hand.

Groot grabbed Rocket and jumped to safety. Gamora ran to another exit.

Peter and I darted behind a glass case, and laid down. He had me in his arms. He murmured something that I didn't get a chance to hear. The glass case exploded and Peter pulled my head into his chest.

After a minute, the building stopped shaking, and a couple things fall from the ceiling with a CRASH.

Peter looked up, and I followed. Both of our faces were covered with ash. We gazed around at the now destroyed building.

"What the fu-" Peter said, but was interrupted by a light bulb popping.

I shook my head. "Let's get the orb, and go find the others."

"Sounds like a plan."