We Can Never Get Along

I stood outside the bar where Rocket, Groot and Drax were having the time of their lives. I wasn't too much into crowded rooms with people yelling, and occasionally fighting.

I sighed and leaned on the railing, looking out at the stars.

I jumped when I heard a "You know", in the distance. I twisted around to notice Peter Quill.

"Peter! You scared me," I said, putting my hand on my heart and checking how fast it was beating.

"Sorry, Sam. Didn't mean to startle you," he apologized, heading towards me.

He leaned on the railing, just like me.

"So, what were you saying?" I asked, nudging him.

"Oh," he continued. "I was saying that gas is so expensive that I might actually lose money on this trip."

I smirked.

Peter wet his lips. "So, uh, why aren't you inside with the guys?"

"It's much quieter out here," I said, still staring at the stars.

There was a moment of silence.

"Until you came here," I admitted.

He chuckled and I turned my body towards him.

"So, I guess that means you want me to leave?" Peter teased me.

I stepped closer to him. "Well, I didn't say that," I answered.

He took his headset off his neck, and placed them on my ears. His index finger clicked the play button on the tape.

The beginning of 'Fooled Around and Fell in Love' filled my ears.

What was up with Peter and this song?

To be honest, it was one of my favorites off his mother's mixtape. (Other than, 'Go All the Way' by The Raspberries.)

I must have been through about a million girls.

I'd love 'em and I'd leave 'em alone.

I didn't care how much they cried, no sir.

Their tears left me cold as a stone.

Peter's hands found their way around my waist. He pulled me closer to him.

And once again, our lips were inches away from each other.

But, then I fooled around and fell in love.

I fooled around and fell in love.

Our eyes both darted open at the piercing sound of Rocket's gun going off.

I ripped the headphones off my head.

"I swear," Peter began. "These guys can't work together and WE can't ever have a moment."

We ran inside to find Rocket pointing his gun at Drax. Groot was trying to break them up, but it wasn't working.

Pete jumped in between the path for Rocket's gun and Drax.

"Woah, WOAH, WOAH! Rocket! Clam down!" Peter shouted.

"Why should I?!" Rocket spat back.

"Rocket, you're drunk. Just listen to him!" I exclaimed.

Peter nodded at me, and continued to comfort Rocket.

"Look, Rocket, what's wrong?" He asked, kneeling down to his level.

"I can't work with him!! All he does is mistreat me!" Rocket replied, poking at Drax.

"Rocket, none of us are trying mistreating you," Peter added.

"He called me 'vermin'!" He yelled, motioning towards Drax. "And she called me 'rodent'!"

Peter looked back at Gamora and Drax.

"Well, I didn't ask to be made! I didn't ask to be taken apart and put back together..." He trailed off. "Let's see what they'll call me after a few good shots to their heads!!" Rocket screamed, aiming his gun once again.

"ROCKET!" Peter reassured him. "C'MON MAN! Suck it up for one more lousy night and you're rich."

Rocket thought about it for a moment, and set down his gun.

"I guess you're right," he sighed.

Drax started to walk away from us. I tried to stop him, but Gamora told me to let him go.

A door opened on the other side of the wall and we all looked up.

"My lady, Gamora, my master has set me to come fetch you," a lady with pink skin stated.

Gamora made her way to the door and the four of us trailed close behind her.