Prison: Part 2

I was forced to be stripped down to my underwear and be sprayed with some kind of orange liquid.

Not sure if it was torture or a way of cleaning us... But the stuff was gross.

I walked into another room after that was finished and they threw me a pair of yellow clothes.

As I was pulling the pants on, Peter came in.

I still didn't have a shirt on.

Neither did he though... Oh god I'm staring!

He didn't feel the need to quickly cover himself from me.

So, I didn't either.

"How was getting tazed a million times?" I giggled.

He laughed. "It wasn't very pleasant, but I've been through worse," he replied while he eyes gazed down my body.

"Were you trying to say something to me earlier? Before I made a scene about my cassette?" He continued.

My face light up.

"Oh yeah! I was going to say-"

I was cut off when Rocket entered the room.

I quickly put my shirt on and sat down to tie the ugly yellow shoes.

Pete did the same.

After we were all done getting dressed, the guards escorted us to the main part of the prison.

They handed us sleeping bags and we were off to find our rooms.

Just as we were all walking together, I was grabbed by a rather odd looking man.

I screamed, but he covered my mouth.

"Now, what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" He asked me with his hand trailing down my arm.

"Let go of me," I protested. "Or you'll be sorry."

He laughed.

"Now, why would I do that?" He said with a smirk.

Just then Peter came running over to me.

"Let go of her. NOW!" Peter instructed.

"Oh, is this your girlfriend?" The man chuckled. "She's mine now."

Peter got super serious then.

He walked up to the guy and punched him right in between the eyes. And then kicked him while he was on the ground.

"C'mon!" He whispered as he took my hand.

While we were walking, I decided to make conversion with him.

"Thanks..." I trailed off. "For saving me back there. I really appreciate it."

Our hands were still locked. He just nodded at my statement.

He lead me to my own room and that's where I stayed for the night.

He stayed in a room with a bunch of prisoners laying all over the floor. That's so uncomfortable.

And on top of that, there's too many weirdos here.

About 3 hours later, I heard a knock at my door. I was half-asleep, but I could tell it was Peter.

I let him in and sat up.

"Hey Sam," he began as he sat down beside me. "I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have let you out of my sight. I promise I won't let it happen again."

I shook my head, confused.

"Pete, it's not your fault. I'm a grown woman and I can take care of myself so you don't have to worry about me," I explained.

He nodded his head to everything I had to say. Then he scooted closer to me and took my hand in his.

"I just don't like seeing you in danger. I want you to be somewhere safe..." He trailed off, sighing.

"What's the safest place for me then?" I questioned, gripped his hand tighter.

The room fell silent for a minute until Peter spoke up.

"With me," he said as confident as ever.

Our eyes met and we just sat there for a minute. Taking everything in.

"You know, there's no room for you to sleep in here," I piped up.

He placed his hands behind his head and leaned back with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, so you want me to stay? I see what you want," he flirted.

I playfully pushed him.

"Shut up," I replied. "But, who knows? I might not be the only one who wants you to stay," I continued, winking.

He got closer to me then.

"I think you're right, Detective Sam," he said as he put his hands around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"You're not even supposed to be in here, Star-Lord," I added, playing along.

"Yeah, but you already know I like breaking the rules," he laughed.

I yawned and started to lay back down.

Peter followed and somehow, we ended up sleeping side-by-side. We were both laying on our sides. He was behind me with his arm draped across my waist.

Maybe I was really overthinking this whole Peter and I thing?! Who knows?