chapter 26

Maleek's pov

The next morning I was at the isma'il's residence by 10:00.

I was too overwhelmed that I even dreamed of coming here yesterday.

The whole night she was on my mind,hoping she's ok, I barely get some sleep.

And this morning it took all my willpower to refrain myself to come after subhi.....I know right, it's crazy. And I will probably scare the house members because it's not an everyday thing someone even if it's your relative to come knocking on your doorstep at 5:00 am.

She's making me go crazy and it's really pathetic.

I knocked and waited for the door to be opened.

A groggy looking asif opened the door, and when he sees me he raised an eyebrow looking at me as of I have grown two heads.

"Are you gonna let me in or what" I asked him raising an eyebrow too.

"Sure" he mumbled giving me space to enter "but when did you come back" he asked.

"Yesterday".I answered

"Not to seem rude....but what are you doing at our house at this time....it's too early" he replied closing the door behind me.

"Only for you" I replied when I heard voices upstairs, it seems he's the only one sleeping.

"Yeah....so what are you doing here" he asked as we walk to the sitting room.

"Nothing" I shrug casually.......total lie

"I just thought you could need some help with things, running errands and all......you know....with all the wedding and everything".....total white lie.

He raised a skeptical eyebrow at me and eyed me suspiciously.

"Besides I don't want to be in the same house as that Man.....and just to clear my head of some.... things"

It's not a lie.

The suspension in his eyes disappeared.

"Ok" he answered sincerely.

We sat at the living room watching some TV.

"Girls come down for breakfast....and afnan will you stop following me...I have already made by decision and it's final" aunty Nafisa said while coming downstairs.

"But Mama......

Probably Afnan whining.

"I said no Afnan" her mom replied and that's when she made it to the edge of the stairs.

"Aunty Nafisa Ina kwana" I greeted as she made her entrance.

She looked surprised at first before answering, why do I always get that look first....I mentally rolled my eyes.

Because you have arrived freaking early in the morning.

I guess

"Lafiya kalau Maleek, saukar yaushe" she answered with a smile.

"Yester.......

I got interrupted.

"Haba Mama.... wallahi it's not fair...kawai

Afnan stopped mid sentence and looked at me wide eyed.

"Uhm...uh...Ina kwana" she finally greeted.

"Lafiya kalau, Afnan" I answered with a smile liking how her name rolls off my tongue.

"I came back yesterday" I answered to aunty Nafisa's question.

Story Of My Life:A Hausa Love storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें