If I could tell him - (DEH one-shot thingy)

A/N: Oof! This has not been updated in a whiiiilllllleeeee!!!

Warning - Bullying

Patton's POV

Autistic Patton

Cute/protective Virgil

00000000000000000

Dear Patton Sanders, today is going to be a good day, and here's why...

My whole entire life is as if I have been looking through a window... Always looking in, never being an actual part of the scenery on the other side. It's as if whenever I get close enough to being someone to someone - the borderline is always in the way of it. The borderline is always just a window for me to look through, never anything more than that. Ever.

School is... well... school. Bullies, teachers that don't care that the bullies bully. Same old school. Same old me... That same old, 'The kid that no one wants to hang around with mainly because everyone thinks they're weird...' It's not my fault but it's not anyone else's either... it's sometimes people have a hard time accepting me for who I am, and I am me.

But this isn't the reason I am writing this... because that's pretty much how all of my days are. Watching through a window, giving the occasional wave to see if anyone is actually looking back at me... No, today is going to be a good day, and here's why -

I am going to tell Virgil how I feel about him. I am going to tell the only person that gives me the time of day, about how amazing I think he is. How kind and caring he can be, or the way he bites his thumb when he gets anxious, or the times he treats me like an actual person.

How he makes me feel proud to be who I am.

But how do I tell him?

If I could just tell him, then today would be a very good day.

Sincerely, your best and most loyal friend, me.

0000000000000000

Today is the day... The day that my life could turn out two different ways.

1 - I'd tell Virgil how I feel and he does the same, our lives turning into a happily ever after Disney movie.

or

2 - Every thing could go horribly wrong and I could end up like Mufasa from the Lion King... Not so happily ever after.

There could be a possible third... but I haven't thought of that yet.

School is a lot nosier than I remember it being; teens laughing, car engines revving and dying, random clinks and clanks every so often, regular chit chat, all rolling into one big sound. It hurts my ears. I suddenly regret not bringing my ear defenders to block out the mixed and matched up noises. Hoisting my kitty backpack over my shoulder, I shuffle into the chaotic scene leading me into the hallways of Florida High, slightly regretting my choices.

"Watch it, freak!"

"S-sorry!"

"Move out the way, weirdo!"

"I -"

"Nice backpack!"

"Thank you," I smile over to the person that complimented my backpack. "My Mom got it for me, she says it looks cute." I let out a giggle and take off my bag, pressing the small button on it's ear. "It even meows like a real cat!"