So this is Goodbye - Part One

A/N:  Hi, sorry I haven't updated in a little while, but here is another little one shot thingy... 

00000000000000

"I know you probably don't want to hear what I have to say, and you probably hate me... But -"

"Guh-go away, Vuh-V-Virgil..." Was all that came from the other side of the door, nothing but utter broken, and cracked pieces of a once happy and peppy voice. Words that Virgil never thought he would hear the person he had once loved say. Words that crushed his very soul, darkening it just a little more.

"Patton, please... let me in..."

Deathly silent, inaudible to even the best of hearing ears. "Le-leave me alone please..." Was Patton's weary and pain filled voice, sore and hoarse from crying tears of absolute heartbreak.

"I am so sorry." Tears began welling up in Virgil's eyes, one escaping down his cheek and smearing his eye shadow. One hand resting against the door, while the other brushed back the bangs that had fallen into his face. He wasn't expecting an answer. He never expected to be forgiven either. But what he did expect... was silence, and that's exactly what he got.  

0000000000000000000

Patton couldn't believe how stupid he had been, how naive. Dragging the covers up and hiding his head, Patton let out another couple of strained sobs, each one more painful than the last. Each one more heart-breaking.

Breath hitching. Heart thwacking against his chest like a ball getting kicked into a wall. Eyes bleeding and blurred with tears. Lungs like balloons that have started to deflate with the labour of his breathing.

His gasping.

His screaming.

It wasn't fair.

It wasn't fair that his heart was loving someone who didn't feel the same way. That each 'I love you' was in vain. That each 'I love you too,' was nothing but lies.

Nothing but lies!

And Patton believed every single one of them.
Every single time...