"You reckon?" Ron asked, more focused on scrubbing the dirt of his broom handle than the conversation.

Amisty nestled deeper into her corner, rather uncomfortable as she flipped through old notes from the hospital wing.

"Yeah, I do," Harry nodded. "Malfoy's father's in Azkaban. Don't you think Malfoy'd like revenge?"

Ron looked up, "Malfoy, revenge? What can he do about it?"

"That's my point, I don't know!" Harry replied loudly, raking his fingers through the tangles in his hair. "But he's up to something and I think we should take it seriously. His father's a Death Eater and - "

He cut off suddenly.

"Harry?" Hermione asked hesitantly. "What's wrong?"

"Your scar's not hurting again, is it?" Ron leaned forward.

"He's a Death Eater," Harry whispered, eyes wide as he stared out the window. "He's replaced his father as a Death Eater!"

Amisty stiffened.

Ron burst out laughing, "Malfoy? He's sixteen, Harry! You think You-Know-Who would let Malfoy join?"

"It seems very unlikely, Harry. What makes you think - ?" Hermione began.

"In Madam Malkin's. She didn't touch him, but he yelled and jerked his arm away from her when she went to roll up his sleeve. It was his left arm. He's been branded with the Dark Mark."

"Well. . ." Ron's voice trailed off.

"I think he just wanted to get out of there, Harry," Hermione shook her head.

"He showed Borgin something we couldn't see," Harry pressed. "Something that seriously scared Borgin. It was the Mark, I know it - he was showing Borgin who he was dealing with, you saw how seriously Borgin took him!"

Amisty snapped her notebook shut and climbed out the comfy crevice of the windowsill. Her mother's words echoed in her mind: You need to believe that he'll get better.

"In case you've forgotten, Harry," She spoke quietly and coldly, clutching her book very tightly as she glared at him, "he also comes from a very wealthy family that has enough power to put Borgin out of business."

"You can't act like you didn't think that too, Amisty," Harry protested, almost scoffing. "You were trying to catch a glance before we dragged you back."

"Harry - " Hermione warned.

"He's still sixteen!" Amisty almost spat. "He's just as old as the rest of us, isn't he? Just because you two hate each other doesn't mean he's always in the wrong, you know!"

And before Harry could open his mouth to reply she left the room and slammed the door shut behind her.

»»————- ♡ -————««

They left for the train station the next morning under the protection of the Ministry cars. It was much less chaotic than all the previous years considering Mrs. Weasley had pressured them all into getting ready early.

The Aurors who accompanied them were bearded and bore dark expressions as they marched them silently through the station.

"Quick, quick, through the barrier," Mrs. Weasley urged, casting nervous and overwhelmed glances at the Aurors. "Harry had better go first, with - "

She looked up at them and they nodded. One took Harry's upper arm and began to practically drag him toward the barrier.

"I can walk, thanks," Harry muttered, tugging his arm out of his grasp and pushing his trolley through the brick wall. Amisty and Hermione followed, with the Weasley's just behind them.

Magic? || Years 5-7जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें