Chapter 40 (Unedited)

"Do you need anything to drink or eat? I can get one of the servants to bring you something if you wish" 

I quickly shake my head to him, not needing anything. Rather..where could I learn to be so put together like he is? Sitting with his back straight, attention focused on me while he offered me things like any good host. 

Meanwhile I am still struggling with sitting up straight, I am so used to slouching and playing games on my phone, it didn't matter how many bodies I went through! Habits are hard to change!

I look around from where we sat, the garden thick with various types of flowers. Butterflies danced in the air, and the tall hedges surrounding the garden kept the wind from blowing strongly here. 

It is awkward, I am not sure what to say really. What should we talk about?

"So..um..." I am at a loss for words. It is hard to even grasp that I am talking to someone I am going to marry in the future. It is..awkward.

"So you are my fiancée?" He looks me over before his eyes land back on my own. "Is it you?"

"Pardon?" I feel a bit confused at what he said.

"Nothing. I hope I can serve you well by your side, and that you will take good care of me. I look forward to getting to know you. If I ever do anything to displease you, please inform me right away so I can correct myself" His way of speaking was like that of a slave to its master rather then ones equal partner to another. It was as if he was prepared to take on a obedient husband kind of role, a pretty face living to serve his wife's every whim.

I can not help but frown at this, I don't want this. Especially when he speaks in such an....emotionless way. As if I were talking to an actual doll, empty and following the only thing it knows. 

I can not help but reach out and gently pat his head like I do with Berry very often. A sad smile forming on my lips. 

"Well then, I want you to be who you are. Don't change yourself based on what I want or like, around me just be who you truly want to be. Say what you want, do what you won't. Don't listen to those or me who want you to be any different. You are your own person and are neither below or above me." I tell him while gently patting his head. 

His eyes widen slightly, surprise clear on his features. The first true emotion I have seen on him.

"You want me to be..your equal?" 

I nod, that basically being it. It is quiet a moment as he registers what I  have told him.

I go to pull my hand away but he stops me, gently gripping my wrist to keep my hand on his head. 

"So..we are to be married and you want me to be equal to you? So I can do anything I want to? It is okay?" His voice is soft, and I find it so cute how he looked up at me with hope filled eyes.

So..so cute. 

"Yeah" I nod, smiling at his adorableness. 

His grip tightens a bit more on my wrist, but I pay no mind as I go back to gently patting his head. 

A smile slowly forms on his lips, though he still seemed a bit unsure, he let goes of my wrist and pulls me into a hug. I can feel him burying his face into my neck.

"Yes..it is you.." He mumbles something into my neck tickling my skin, I don't know what he said but I pay no mind to bothering about it. 

"I don't hate your touch, which mean it must be you." He continues to mumble on, I shut my eyes enjoying the cute little hug. For some reason it felt familiar and comforting.