Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I was not happy about this news. I couldn't hang out with my friends, I couldn't enjoy the feast, and I couldn't goof around in a funny costume. Magic could do many things but it cannot change the paths of the moon or we would be in big danger. Tonight was Halloween and I cannot do anything about it. I was going to transform and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I am a unicorn for crying out loud!

"What's wrong, Annie?" James asked at the lunch table. It was a Saturday so no classes for me!

"Oh nothing..." I lied but it didn't convince James. He gave me a weird look.

"You should be excited! It's going to be so fun tonight at the feast! You are sitting with me right? I hope you are not actually going to sit with that Malfoy creep!"

"Oh um... I can't sit with you tonight! I am so sorry!" I said. I couldn't believe that I didn't tell him this earlier. Curse me always waiting for the last minute!

"I can't believe you! You are actually sitting with Malfoy!" He stood up astounded by the fact that I might actually sit with Scorpius.

"No! I am not sitting with him!"

"Then who are you sitting with?"

I sat there with a blank expression on my face. I couldn't answer that question. I didn't even know if a unicorn could sit down! I think it can lie down but still I couldn't sit with anyone that night.

"That's what I thought. Have fun with Malfoy" He said standing up and walking away.

"No wait!" I yelled. He ignored me and just kept on walking. I wished I could tell him I really did but he would probably look at me like I was a freak.

When I finished my breakfast, it was around nine o'clock. McGonagall told me that my transformation would start at around seven pm. I looked over at my bracelet just to make sure that tonight was the day of my transformation. Although it did say that it was a full moon, I was shocked to see that I wasn't afraid about. I could look at the little number "0" on the star and not tremble with fear. It's not that unicorns are scary but they are valuable and precious. Just a drop of my unicorn blood can cure anyone from dyeing. And I could never ever forget about the dream about Janaquin and how my wand has a unicorn hair in it and not just any unicorn hair; my mother's unicorn hair. What If someone would do the same to my hair?

"Earth to Annie. Are you there?" I heard Mary ask. I was staring off into the distance. When I returned back from La la land, I discovered that we were sitting on a bench near to Hagrid's hut.

"What? Oh yeah I'm here..." I said.

"Good... What's wrong Annie? You seam really kind of down today" Simone said.

"Oh nothing." I lied. I hated to lie but I had a very good reason to.

"Ok fine if you say so Annie" Mary said. Eliza was off on her date with my brother and same with Kaitlyn but with Alex so Mary, Simone, and I were just hanging out and talking.

"So do you have a phone Annie?" Mary asked

"Oh yeah!" I said. I grabbed out a piece of parchment and scribbled down some numbers. "Here is my number!" I said handing her the paper.

"Oh thanks! I'll text you so you can save mine. Simoney, do you have a phone?" Mary asked.

"Yeah but it's not working properly" She said. She reached into the pockets of her skinny jeans and pulled out a purple sliding phone.

"Oh here!" Mary said pulling out her wand. She mumbled a spell and then the phone levitated from Simone's palm and into the sky. In about ten seconds, the phone came back down but every single little scratch was gone.

"Wow!" Simone said. "It looks better than when I first bought it!"

"That phone should work properly now!" Mary said.

"Thanks!"

The rest of that day was very boring. Well it was until six o'clock! I ran into the forbidden forest as fast as my little human legs would let me go. I ran past Hagrid's and past shrieking shack. I had thirty minutes left before the transformation. I heard something behind me. When I turned around nothing was there but I could swear that I heard something.

"Who is there?" I asked.

Silence.

I sat down on the leafy ground and waited. I had twenty five more minutes before anything happens. Then I heard someone walking. I was 100% positive that someone was following me.

"SHOW YOUR SELF!" I commanded. No movement. I just let the little stalker go and got out my iPod. Boy I love Katy Perry!

Time went by so fast and next thing you know, a big stick was sprouting off of my forehead. I looked down and saw my new four hoofs. My sliver mane was blowing in the wind like a flag just before a storm. I heard someone move once again but this time with my unicorn awesomeness, I heard them better and could stop them. The 'thing' was in a nearby bush.

Just then the thing stood up and I was shocked to see that it was James. "You're a unicorn?" He asked. His knees were shaking. I tried to reply to him when I realized that unicorns can't talk so I just nodded. He came out from behind the bush and went straight up to me. My unicorn senses told me to back away but unicorns are very afraid and I know James so I stayed where I was. He lifted out an arm and just stroked my neck. It was weird but in some way, it felt kind of good. It was like when you pet a dog and they just love it.

"Wait! I can't believe you never told me!" James backed away. "Were you afraid that I was going to laugh or something? Well I would never do that! I am your friend!"

I wanted to reply but of course, unicorns can't talk. He was about to say something when we were interrupted by yet another noise in the back. James was right next to me so who could it be? James pulled out his wand and looked around. He searched around but we still saw nothing.

"Show yourself!" James shouted.

Silence

"Whatever!" James shouted. "I just found out that my best friend is a unicorn and she never told me." He was really angry.

I wanted to say something but of course I'm a unicorn so I couldn't. But he thought of me as his best friend. I should probably be upset now for he is mad at me but I gave a little smile. And that is when I found out how stupid unicorns must look when they smile.

"Ugh! I can't believe you, Annie!" He ran off as fast as he could. One of the best parts about being a unicorn is that we run fast so it was no problem for me to catch up to him. I ran up in front of him and blocked him. He was panting

"Can you please just let me go? If you don't trust me then I want to be with the friends who do trust me!" He shouted. Then we heard a noise from behind us but it was a voice.

"GANERFLIX!" the person shouted coming closer and closer. Whatever spell he wanted to hit us with missed and it hit a rock.

"GANERFLIX!" The man repeated. This time the spell was successful and I was hit. My four legs turned back into only two and my sliver mane was now almost as blonde as it can get. My skinny jeans and my purple hoodie appeared once again on me. I am no longer a unicorn! I wanted to shout in all of this excitement but then I looked up and saw that the guy was getting closer to me.

"ANNIE! COME ON!" James shouted grabbing my hand. We ran as fast as our little legs could take us. We ran to the castle. We were about twenty five yards away from the strange man. And now he had a friend with him. The friend casted a spell and I fell to my feet and that is all I can remember...