Part 29

Rin's POV

Okay, maybe I was perfectly calm during the first fight against the cow guy, but this time was different. I was getting a really bad feeling from this Haku kid. "Ice style, crystal ice mirrors!" I heard. Not good not good not good. "Oh no, Sasuke!" Sakura squeaked in a high pitched fangirling voice. I groaned. Sensei was completely useless against Zabuza in the fog, although he could probably win, I wanted to help him. Sasuke, was trapped in a jutsu with a super fast 13 year old kid, as weird as that sounds, he's most likely screwed. And Sakura? All she can do is stand there and hold a kunai.

"Rin! Attack the mirrors from the outside! I'd we hit it from both sides, we can break it!" Sasuke yelled from inside the ice room. That wasn't too bad of an idea, but... I charged at the mirror. I smashed against it with a chakra aided fist. Unfortunately, a silver white force field surrounded the ice mirrors, making it unable to hit. "It's won't work!" I yelled back at him. He didn't respond. I simply heard Haku chuckling.

If Kakashi can keep Zabuza on his toes, then I probably don't have to worry about Sakura and Tazuna. I guess there's only one thing I can do. Sensei probably knew what I was going to do, so I unoticably slid in to the room of ice mirrors. Sasuke looked relieved, yet angry at the same time. I shrugged. "Don't blame me for helping, so shut your face and face the enemy." I said.

He didn't seem happy, but it's not like he didn't travel anything to worry about. Ice boy was whizzing from mirror to mirror, chucking senbon everywhere. Now Sasuke and I are both pretty fast, but I suppose it wasn't good enough. Needles sunk in to my flesh as I tried my best to follow his movements, blocking whatever I could which chakra infused kunai.

Like, five minutes later, I was panting like crazy, needles Sticking out everywhere on me, but I'd done my job. Sasuke was perfectly untouched, standing there with an irritated look on his face. He scanned me up an down, and said, "Rin, you're half dead, let me handle this." I couldn't really argue, my vision was blurring in and out. I think the needles had hit quite a few pressure points. Before I could say anything, I passed out.

Sasuke's POV

Oh brilliant. Rin passed out, even if she definitely won't be out for long, I still had to take over. Watching my friend lying on the ground made rage take over me, as I charged at the stupid ice kid, growling "you'll pay for that you Damn bastard!!"

Rin's POV

When I woke up, Sasuke was standing in front of me, covered in needles, with the Haku kid lying on the ground in front of him. My first thought was that he beat him, but when his legs gave out, I knew I was severely mistaken. Catching him slightly un gracefully, I yelled, "Seriously! You did not need to shield me dumbass!" "Shut up, my body just moved on its own." He said, his newly awakened sharingan fading.

I set him down on the ground gently. I knew he wasn't dead, but I was still angry at Haku for doing this to him. "You're gonna pay you little twerp!" I growled.