Part 28

Rin's POV

It's been two days. Sasuke finally got the climbing trees, but, it still took forever. I sighed, as I swung my legs around on the beam I was sitting on. Sensei had recovered, and was reading his pervy book in the corner. Sakura was fangirling over Sasuke, who was sitting there with an eye on the bridge builder.

I had a bad feeling about today, I had no idea why though. I just felt kind of uncomfortable how much foggier it was than usual. The random banging sounds of hammers were driving me crazy, so I plopped down beside Sasuke, where it was just a little quieter.

"Seems Sakura's still crazy about you huh?" I asked, amused at how she was staring at him with hearts in her eyes. Sasuke rolled his eyes with a grunt. He handed me a tomato rice ball, which I accepted with a nod. "Hey, doesn't this fog make you feel giddy?" I asked, lowering my voice as to not scare any of the worker's.

Sasuke stopped chewing for a couple seconds. "To tell the truth, I just have a bad feeling about the day itself." He said, also lowering his voice. I chewed thoughtfully. "Well, sensei doesn't look bothered." I said, sliding my eyes over. Sasuke grunted. "He's reading his weird book. And plus, I can only see a quarter of his face, so I can't tell." He said, finishing his rice ball.

I also popped the rest of mine in my mouth. "I'm gonna go talk to him. Good luck with the banshee pinkette." I said, waving. I tapped sensei gently on the shoulder. Before I could start speaking, the fog thickened around us. Sensei very slowly put away his book and pulled out a kunai. I pulled out two of my newly modified trident shaped kunai. Sasuke had stood up and pulled out his own weapons as well. It took Sakura a moment to catch on, but she got the message, and stood in front of the bridge builder.

I could sense two chakra signatures. One of them, Zabuza's. The other one, belonged to the kid we saw a couple days ago. "Well hello Kakashi, it's been awhile eh?" Zabuza snickered. "HE'S NOT DEAD!?" Tazuna yelled. Sakura poked me in the ribs. "That girl's pretty." She said, gesturing at the kid, who had taken his mask off. I rolled my eyes. "That's a guy." I said bluntly, pointing at the kid.

"My name is Haku. And the blue eyed one is correct. I'm a guy." Haku said calmly. Everyone's mouth fell open. "You gotta be kidding me. He's even prettier than Sakura." Sasuke said, sweat dropping.

"I hope she didn't hear that." I muttered, gesturing to Sakura with a kunai. I patted Sasuke on the shoulder. He gave me a funny look, but didn't say anything. The mist began to thicken, up to the point where I couldn't see anyone else. Sasuke was still standing with his back against mine, his kunai raised. We were separated in to three groups. Sakura and Tazuna, Kakashi and Zabuza, and Sasuke, the Haku kid, and l.

Think, think, think! Zabuza's aim was to kill the bridge builder, but he obviously holds a grudge against sensei. "Kakashi of the Sharingan."