Chapter 9

Previously on Wonder:

"You kept your promise", I said.

He smirked and replied, "I guess I did".

I'll wait for you,
let's start over
So that in the future
I can meet you again with a smile

"I have something to tell you. Follow me", Taehyung held onto my wrist and pulled into a dim and empty room that was connected to the masquerade party.

The room was filled with gold decorations and paintings of gardens and mountains. It almost looked like a lounge room, with a desk that overlooked the window.

I leaned against a wall and watched Taehyung remove his mask and walk slowly towards me. I tensed up, putting my hands behind my back. I was getting nervous by the sound of each footstep coming nearer towards me, it made me shut my eyes until his index finger lifted my chin. It startled me and as I opened my eyes, I saw that he was a few inches away from my face.

My breathing was starting to intensify, I tried to calm myself down by controlling each inhalation.

"You're cute when you do that", he said.

I raised my eyebrows and asked, "when I do what?"

"When you start to act weird. No matter what I do, you make my job too easy by your priceless reactions", he smirked and lifted my chin closer to his lips to whisper, "it makes me like you even more".

I could feel my cheeks started to burn up. Did he just confess that he likes me?

"Ahh...Do...you um...like me?" I stuttered and gently pushed my head back to distance myself from him.

He paused and removed his hand from my chin.

He took a small step back and replied, "to be honest...I think I do...I can't seem to stop thinking about you, it's driving me insane". He stopped talking and thought he rambled his words. I stared at him shocked, I thought it was cute seeing him act innocent when he was mocking me a minute ago.

I shook my head and said, "you THINK you like me Kim Taehyung?" He stared at the floor, I could tell he was nervous.

I smiled and started mimicking the way he walked to me. With each step, I said, "well, in that case, I also have something I would like to say too. I~"

"TAEHYUNG!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!! WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU!" Jimin came bursting through the door, along with Namjoon and Yoongi who was holding an invitation card.

Yoongi stared at us with a raised eyebrow and said, "wait a minute... what's going on here?"

I looked back at Taehyung, we both had our hands behind our backs and were a few inches away from each other. I quickly stepped away from him, he looked at me confused and then turned to the members.

He cleared his throat and said exasperatingly, "Can't I just, at least have 10 minutes alone with this girl. Please let me talk to her".

"Oh geez, okay bye Taehyung", Jimin pulled Namjoon and Yoongi out and the left, whilst closing the door.

Taehyung grabbed my hands and held onto them tightly to say, "what did you want to tell me?" I looked at him with widened eyes.

"At least tell me what you wanted to say", Taehyung pleaded.

"I'm pretty confused with what just happened but..I just wanted to say that I think I like you too", I replied.

Taehyung kept staring into my eyes. He smirked and pulled me closer towards him to whisper, "well I think there is only one way to settle this".

I smiled and raised my eyebrow, "How will we do that?"

"Be mine and I'll be yours".

"Taehyung I~"

"I just couldn't stop thinking about you, I hope you know that. You have become my muse".

"Taehyung I~" I tried to respond to him but he continued speaking. He became more nervous as he spoke and soon fiddled with his fingers. 

"I was such a fool. I was so close to you in elementary and then I let you go. I feel so bad treating you terribly these past years, I didn't expect for you to forgive me so easily. Now everytime I reassemble all my thoughts, they only lead up to you. You were so nice to me, and now I just want to get to know you better. After getting to know you, I wanted to make you part of my world. I wanted to be part of your world too. So much of me is curious about you...so Y/N...I wonder..." He paused and I raised my eyebrow.

"I wonder if you'd understand that...so much of me wants to belong to you. I was hoping you would give me a chance, and~"

"Nope".

He stood up surprised by my response, "did you...did you say no?" I nodded and he looked at me with doleful eyes.

"Could you at least consider?"

I smirked and folded my arms, "Hmph, let me think now. Yeah, still a no".

He sighed and looked down sadly to the floor. I looked at him surprised, I didn't think he would take my joke seriously.

I gently cupped his face and said, "I'm just teasing with you". He smug smiled and came closer to me, pulling my hand away and resting my arm over his shoulder.

"Hmm...You know you shouldn't tease me like that Y/N. It kinda hurt" he whispered.

I felt calm as the low, silky tone of his voice hummed against my skin. His warm breath brushed against my lips, I felt light flushes on my cheeks.

"Since when did you become so confident. You were nervous a few moments ago", I smirked.

"For some reason, you make me want to do these things. Since we're together now, can we...I don't know...have our first kiss?"

"Hmm. It's quite early but~"

"Yeah, maybe you're right. Let's not rush us".

I pushed his head forward towards my face and bit my lip. His hands gently landed on my hips and trailed downwards, it sent a slight shiver through my body.

"I don't want to wait".

He leaned in and kissed me with his soft lips, I deepened it by pressing his head forward. We both closed our eyes and he placed his forearms behind my back and pulled me closer towards him.

As we both broke the kiss, he moved his head towards my ear and I could hear him trying to catch his breath. He deeply exhaled and whispered, "that was an amazing first".

~ End of Chapter 9 ~

♡♡♡

Okay, I hope my story isn't too boring or long. If so, please tell me :) Anyways thank you for reading another chapter, I hope you all had an amazing day. Please leave a like and comment on anything you wish. BYEEEEEE